Can you believe it’s the last day of 2013? Another year has come and gone – wow. I missed some days posting to my blog – shortly after Christmas Kyle got sick, then I got sick – I think a stomach bug. Today I’m feeling pretty good and trying to get some things done. Ryan had his wisdom teeth out right before Christmas (on Monday) and I took him back for a check up today and all was good. And then I booked flights for Kyle and I to go to San Francisco in January to look at places for him to live. He will be moving out there in February – I’m not sure I’m ready for that but I can’t keep it from happening either. I’m very grateful that he has this opportunity and I know he will enjoy his first job with Facebook.
Sorry I didn’t have a good post for last weeks deals. Here is what we have going on this week. – SHOP HERE.
- The Holiday Catalog is ending! January 2nd is the last day to order from the Holiday Catalog. There are some items carrying over and those will be available through June 1. See the list here – Holiday_Carryover_2014. There are also some items that will be in the new Occasions catalog – they aren’t on the list because they are in the new catalog those include – Gold & Silver Foil sheets, Silver Ribbon, Gold & Silver Encore ink pads, Chevron Border Punch, Label Bracket Punch, Gold & Silver Giltter, Envelope Liners Framelit Dies, Perforating Stampin’ Trimmer Rotary Cutting Blade, Decorative Window Gift Boxes, Mini Muslin bags, Chalk Marker and the Burlap Ribbon.
- The new Occasions Catalog will start on January 3rd! If you were on my mailing list and didn’t receive yours in the mail already let me know. My online store will be updated with all the new items on the 3rd. Lots to love!
- New Weekly Deals 12/31 – 1/6 – If you don’t already have the Circle Framelits get them this week while they are on sale – I use them all the time!
- New My Digital Studio Downloads – two new digital downloads this week – see the details MDS_Downloads.
- Clearance Rack Blitz – new items were added on December 27th – there are lots of great deals on some old favorites that you may have missed from previous catalogs.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!
Order online at my store any time – START HERE.
I love my Envelope Punch Board from Stampin’ Up! Not only can you make envelopes with it but look at this cute box that you can make!
Our double-sided Designer Series Paper is perfect for this project. I used a 6″ x 6″ piece of paper so that means you can get 4 boxes from each sheet of Designer Series paper. Here is how I made it –
- Start with a 6″ x 6″ piece of Designer Series Paper.
- Line it up at the 2″ mark on the Envelope Punch Board and punch and then score it.
- Slide it over to the 4″ mark and punch and score again.
- Turn the paper and repeat on the next side. Do it again on the other two sides. Now your paper has two diagonal scores lines on each side.
- Now use the corner rounder and round all four corners.
- It should look like this (I marked the score lines on this sample with a black sharpie so you could see them)
- Next you need to fold on all the score lines.
- Now you are going to fold in the corners of the box by taking the rectangle sections and bringing them together so that it creates a fold in the little triangle between each pair of punches. I added the sharpie here on this picture so you can see where those are.
- Punch holes in each of the corners so that you can pull your ribbon through to tie the box shut.
- On my example I used the Natural Ribbon to tie the box shut
- Add a tag – this one is from the Perfectly You Hostess stamp set in the Holiday Catalog.
Fill the box with a little treat before you close it up. Some candy canes or chocolates.
Well it may be late in the day but I got a second post done after my shopping today. I am almost done with all the Christmas shopping.
Being sick just before Christmas was not good. I’ve neglected to do many things. Posting to my blog has been one of those things. I do have Christmas projects to share – but getting them photographed, edited and posted here on my blog has just not been happening. ugh! And now Christmas is almost here. I still have shopping to do to. So I’m going to write this quick post and then go out and try to get that done. And maybe I’ll write a second post tonight when I get home and share another project with you.
HO, HO, HO!! I love this pouch made with the Simply Created Banner Kit.
I got this idea from Patty Bennett and her Halloween pouches that she made a couple of months ago. I used the Simply Created Banner Kit and the Santa’s List stamp set from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Mini Catalog.
Here are some tips –
- I use Washi Tape to hold the stencils in place over my canvas banner piece. And then use a Sponge Dauber with the ink pad to stencil the pattern.
- Use Gumball Green ink for the chevron stencil
- Use Cherry Cobbler ink for the letter stencils
- I used and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker to create faux stitching around the edges.
- Cut a piece of card stock the same width as the banner piece. Add Sticky Strip to the sides and bottom of the back side of the banner. Then adhere that to the card stock piece. After it was attached I trimmed the bottom of the card stock to match the banner.
- Add ribbon through the grommets in the banner.
- Stamp the Santa image, punch out, mat on Cherry Cobbler, color in a touch and attach to the banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Ho Ho Ho image (from Oh, Goodie stamp set) and punch out with the bitty label punch and add it to the Santa circle.
Fill the pouch with something fun. In the picture there are just a few candy canes in there but something more will fit in there – I just didn’t have anything on hand. Hang it on a doorknob to leave a little surprise for some one. It could be a secret Santa surprise for you neighbor or co-worker. Enjoy!
This really doesn’t have anything to do with the 7 dwarfs – but that is what keeps going through my head – Sleepy, Grumpy, Sneezy, Dopey, Weepy – but that is how i have been feeling the last few days and I need to find Doc so I can be Happy – well I sort of made up Weepy – #7 is really Bashful which just didn’t fit into my feelings right now. Anyway I’m sick. My best friend right now is a box of tissues – well several – one in every room. And I have been very unproductive! Which is not good right now since there is much still to do before Christmas gets here. Ugh….
Here is a project for you. On Friday morning I did have my Tags & Treats class which was a lot of fun. And I wasn’t feeling to terribly bad at that point. This is one of the projects we made – it’s the Festive Flurry Ornament Kit – the kit comes with everything you need except a hot glue gun to make 10 of these beautiful snowflakes. I used one as a tag on a white gift bag – it was perfect!
the pieces in the kit are already printed, die-cut and scored. Even the Silver Glitter piece is pre-scored. So you just do all the folding and put it together with a hot glue gun and your good to go. If you didn’t want to order the kit you could create the same thing using the Festive Flurry Stamp set and Framelit bundle – it would just take you much longer to get it all stamped, cut, scored and folded but it can be done.
Have a nice day and I hope all the dwarf thoughts leave my head by tomorrow.
Did you see the Stamp A Tag Kit in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday catalog?
It has everything you need to make a pile of tags for your Holiday Gifts.
I decided to use the kit in my Team Meeting this past weekend. So I added a few things so that I would have enough for everyone that attended. Basically each box was shared by 2 people. But I still wanted them to have something cute to put their tags in. This is what I came up with –
Here are the details:
- I pulled out some little square window tins that I had in my craft closet
- Cut a 1″ strip of Season of Style Designer Paper – wrapped it around the base of the tin and secured it with sticky strip.
- On the lid wrap a piece of Brown Sugar Ruffled ribbon. It’s just tied in a knot on the front. and also secured with some sticky strip.
- for the tags – I alternated the stamp images in Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive
- to step up the tags I pulled out the Mini Merrys Punch Set and punch from coordinating card stock the star and the tree and added them to each tag with a bit of Stampin’ Dimensional. A very simple addition to these fun little tags.
I hope you like this fun take on the Stamp a Tag Kit.
This card idea came from my friend Linda. She invited me to her house and we made two different cards and I combined the ideas and created this one. Here are the details:
- card base is Chocolate Chip
- Whisper White card layer – add three strips of Washi tape – if you need help getting them lined up straight use the Stampin’ Up! grid paper as a guide. Lay the card stock on the grid paper so it’s straight, then use the lines to put down the washi tape so its straight across
- The Greeting is stamped at the base in Chocolate Chip ink – it comes from the Warmth & Wonder Hostess set in the Holiday catalog.
- Stamp the reindeer (from the same set) on Whisper White card stock and punch out with the 1-3/4″ circle punch.
- Punch out a 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle from Cherry Cobbler card stock.
- Layer the circle and scallop circle together. Pierce two holes – one on either side of the reindeer’s neck. Pull a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine through and tie in a knot. Adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional over the Washi Tape.
It’s a fun quick card. I hope you like it. Washi tape is so easy to use. This is the Season of Style Washi tape by the way.