Red, White and Blue or in the case of Stampin’ Up! colors – Real Red, Whisper White and Dapper Denim. The perfect combination for a patriotic card. The 4th of July is quickly approaching and it will be Independence Day – you could use this idea for an invitation to a summer celebration.
I used the Watercolor Words stamp set on page 136 of the Stampin’ Up! 2017-2018 Annual catalog. I even used the card idea on that page! I just switched up the colors. The card on that page uses the Note Cards & Envelopes and I actually made a full sized card so I added my Whisper White layer onto a Real Red card base. My finished card is 5-1/2″ wide and 4-1/4″ tall – that is the normal size that I create.
I added the Pick a Pattern Washi Tape which is a variety of Black & White designs in 5 different widths. The Real Red strip is stamped and then punched on each end with the Triple Banner Punch. I added a silver Mettalic Enamel Shaped star.
I even decorated the inside of the card this time –
And be sure to dress up the envelope too – a little stamping and a bit of washi tape too.
Enjoy your day!
I made this fun card using stamps from the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and Washi Tape and the Beach House Washi Tape.
I used a Crumb Cake Note Card and cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to layer on the front. I took the colors from the Beach House Washi tape and stamped the bottom three rows – the top three rows are the washi tape. Everything is angled. I used the Crushed Curry Baker’s twine to go around the white layer and tied it in a bow and then put it on the front of the note card with some Stampin’ Dimensionals. A super quick and easy card!
The Beach House Washi tape is on the retired list and it’s 40% off making it only $2.97. If you are a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber you would have these stamps from your February 2015 kit.
You can see more ideas using Paper Pumpkin kits on my Pinterest Board – click here.
You can join Paper Pumpkin which is a monthly craft kit subscription by going here.
And you can order regular Stampin’ Up! products including the Beach House Washi tape by visiting my online store right HERE.
Enjoy your day!
If you saw my photo from my craft room of the craftermath left from working on one of my swaps then you were probably wondering what was the result of that pile of products and mess. Well here you go – it’s this card.
It’s a remake of a card I created a few months ago. I wanted it to be current so I changed out the Washi Tape that I used and made it again with these new colors. The Washi Tape is called Sweet Sadie. I thought using the Washi tape on the vases made them look like decoupage.
To create this card I put the washi tape on a piece of whisper white card stock. Then stamped the vases over the top with Black Stazon ink. Then i cut them out – yes I cut out a lot of vases! Stamp the whole Vivid Vases image on another piece of Whisper White card stock (the layer on the front of the card) – then glue the cut out vases over the top of those stamped vases. I filled in the flowers with my Stampin’ Write markers.
The Twine tied to the frame is the Thick Baker’s Twine. I pulled apart the 3-ply for the Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe twine and took a piece of each and tied it around to add a little something to the frame.
Here is the list of everything I used. Remember you can click on the items to view or order them in my online store.
This was my swap card for the dinner Wednesday night with all my friends. I hope they like this card.
Today and tomorrow you can order from the old 2013-2014 Stampin’ Up! catalog and the NEW 2014-2015 Stampin’ Up! catalog at the same time. There is an overlap of a couple of days. Many of the retiring items are already sold out but those that aren’t can be ordered through tomorrow and Stampin’ Up! has even discounted some of the retiring items. You can see the most current availability list by looking in my online store – SHOP HERE.
This card combines the Gingham Garden Washi tape (it’s retiring and on sale) with the Vivid Vases stamp set (from the Occasions catalog and now in the new catalog!).
I wanted to make the vases look like a decoupage glass and decided the Washi tape would give me that look. This card does take a little time to make. I put the Washi Tape on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then stamped the vases on top of it with Black StazOn ink. Then I cut out each of the vases with my paper snips – so yes it is some fussy cutting but the vases are fairly easy to cut out.
This is how I completed the card:
- Card base is Daffodil Delight
- Front layer of Whisper White – stamp the Vivid Vases in Black StazOn ink.
- Color in the flowers/leaves with Stampin’ Write markers – Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Island Indigo
- add the cut out washi tape vases on top of the stamped vases
- die cut a frame with the On Film Framelits and the Big Shot from Basic Black card stock
- tie a Whisper White Baker’s Twine Bow (or the Island Indigo Baker’s Twine works too) on the edge of the frame
- Attach the frame around the stamped image using Stampin’ Dimensionals – I cut little bits of dimensionals to attach the frame.
If you wanted different words you could cover the words with the bottom of the frame and add other words underneath.
I really love how it turned out. I’m going to try another one with different colors of washi tape.
Back in January I went to the Stampin’ Up! Leadership and participated in the Paper Pumpkin craft wars. We only had about 15 minutes to create a card using past Paper Pumpkin kit stamps and new products from the Occasions catalog. My card was one of the selected winners! For my Paper Pumpkin Hands-On class this month I decided to create another version of this card using the same idea. To see the original card go to THIS blog post.
Here is the new card – another alternate idea using some of the past Paper Pumpkin card kits.
You may not be able to tell right away but I used the stamps from two different Paper Pumpkin Kits. The obvious one is the Hey There Friend which is the Welcome Kit that everyone receives when they join Paper Pumpkin. It has the fun splatter and the words in it. The second set that I used is the Party Pennants stamps from the July 2013 Paper Pumpkin kit – there were three little background stamps in the kit and I used those to create my flowers. The stamps are perfect for creating “designer paper” in any color that you want to punch flowers or other shapes.
Here are some of the specifics for this card:
- The card base is Crumb Cake.
- Then I have two layers – a layer of Coastal Cabana and the Whisper White layer
- The Whisper White layer is stamped with the splatter using the Gold Encore ink – I did stamp multiple times between inking which gives varying degrees of gold splatter. The “hey there friend” is stamped in Coastal Cabana ink.
- To create the flowers I stamped each of the Party Pennants backgrounds on Whisper White card stock – one in Coastal Cabana, one in Bermuda Bay and one in Pool Party. Then use the Petite Petals Punch to punch out two flowers from each one. Then I used the matching Stampin’ Write Marker to go around the edge of each flower. I think it gives the flowers some extra definition.
- Punch a small hole in the center of each flower. Pull some of the Gold Sequins off of the trim and then string a sequin and both matching flowers onto a piece of Whisper White Baker’s Twine. Tie a knot in the ribbon for the center of the flower.
- I attached the flowers on to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then took all three pieces of Baker’s Twine and knotted them together.
- Add a piece of the Coastal Cabana Ruffled Ribbon to the front with a piece of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi tape. Then I added another piece of Washi Tape.
- Put the White/Coastal Cabana layers on the card base.
What do you think? I really like how the flowers turned out. And I’m happy with the whole card – the gold with all the shades of blue are very pretty together.
Thanks for stopping by today!
I created this scrapbook layout several month ago. It’s based on a page layout in the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. I used the I Am Me Product Suite – it’s one of my favorites in the catalog.
I still need to add pictures. In my scrapbook class I make up my samples usually without pictures. Often the layouts could be used for different things and I don’t want to get anyone “trapped” into what the layout needs to be. They should be able to use it for what they have. For this one I had a family vacation in mind.
The left page of the layout is like the one in the Stampin’ Up! catalog. Just add photos (rounding the corners) on the empty white rectangles. Plus add a small photo under the washi tape by the luggage. Add journaling down by the film strip. After I add my photos I’ll probably add a title with where we went and the dates.
This is the right side page created to match the one on the left. Add more photos and maybe a few more journaling notes and you are all done. Here is a list of the supplies used:
- Basic Gray 12″ x 12″ card stock
- Whisper White card stock
- I Am Me Designer Series paper
- Filmstrip stamp
- Designer Buttons – Subtles
- Chevron Ribbon – Calypso Coral
- Epic Day This and That Designer Washi Tape
- Around the World Stamp set
- Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine
- Corner Rounder punch (or the Envelope Punch Board)
- Circle punches
- Designer Typeset Photopolymer Stamp set
- Pool Party, Real Red card stock
- Pool Party, Real Red, Calypso Coral, Basic Gray, So Saffron classic ink
- Jumbo Rhinestones
Friday I have another scrapbook class. I have a winter themed page perfect for all the snow pictures during out storms we recently had. And the second layout I have a few things in mind – just need to make my final decisions.
Thanks for stopping by!