Have you seen the Season of Style This & That Planner in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog?
I wasn’t sure about it just looking at it in the catalog. But I bought one any way and it is really nice!! I’m so glad I got it. I’m working on filling in my calendars – there are 4 months – that gives me Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan! Or you could start with Nov and go through Feb. Or use it for more than one year – Nov/Dec for 2013 and Nov/Dec for 2014. You can customize it for the way you want to use it.
At the Stamp, Scrap & Create Retreat one of the optional projects was to decorate this planner – since the inside already has all the pre-printed pages we just added the decorations to the front cover. This design was based on the one shown at Convention over the summer.
Here is what was added to decorate the cover –
- a piece of the Season of Style Designer Paper stack
- a Cherry Cobbler piece cut with the large scallop circle in the Circles Framelits die set
- Cherry Cobbler’s Bakers Twine tied around the cover and into a large loopy bow – TIP – cut a notch on the side of the cover to slide the twine into so it doesn’t slip out of place.
- a half-piece of the Season of Style Designer Paper stack – cut into a flag
- three paper doilies layered together
- Expressions Thinlits “Merry” cut from Gumball Green card stock – TIP – use wax paper between the die and the card stock and run it back and forth a few times to get a really good cut on all the details
- a bitty star punch of Cherry Cobbler card stock with a small rhinestone
- a banner stamped with the word “Christmas”
And I thought I would list for you what all the pages are inside the journal.
- a pocket page – with 2 envelopes
- calendar section – with 4 months of calendars
- cards section – 4 pages for card lists and 4 grid pages for designing the cards
- decor section – 6 grid pages for design ideas
- gifts & packaging section – 4 pages for family gifts and 2 grid pages, 2 pages for friend gifts and 2 grid pages, 2 pages for neighbors & such gift ideas and 2 grid pages
- Entertaining section – guests, menu, to do and shopping lists for 3 events plus grid pages for each
- a pocket page
All the pages are thick and sturdy and the front and back cover are chipboard.
Get it soon and put it to use! You can order it in my online store along with the coordinating Washi Tape and Stickers.