Do you need something cute for your Thanksgiving dinner table? This little guy is going to be the perfect solution. Use him at each place setting on the table. If you need to assign seats then put a name where I stamped the “Happy Thanksgiving”.
This was a really fun project that my Stamper’s club got to make this month at our meeting. And today I shared it on my weekly FB Live. I’ll be uploading it to Youtube as well – and then adding that link here too.
Make these in a variety of patterns from the Plaid Tidings Designer Series paper. The paper is part of the sale this month so grab a pack now. You can get two turkey’s from each sheet of the 6×6 paper. Clip them on to a fork, or a napkin to dress up each place setting for Thanksgiving. If you need assigned seats – then write a name on the banner instead of stamping the Happy Thanksgiving.
- #153527 Plaid Tidings 6×6 Designer Series Paper
- #155214 Banner Year Bundle = Banner Year stamp set + Banners Pick a Punch
- #120953 Crumb Cake card stock
- #121045 Basic Black card stock
- #105117 Pumpkin Pie card stock
- #102482 Real Red card stock
- #100730 Whisper White card stock
- #132622 Gold Foil Sheets
- #147114 Early Espresso ink
- #150643 Snowman Builder punch
- #152699 Whale Builder punch
- #151293 Umrella Builder punch
- #152323 Stitched Shapes dies
- #150644 Mini Curvy Keepsakes Box dies
- #152710 Stitched Triangles dies
- #153540 All the Trimmings Embellishments
- #152392 Paper Trimmer
- #103579 Paper Snips
- #144108 Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- #110755 Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- #138995 Tear & Tape Adhesive
- #149653 Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- fine point black sharpie
- wooden clothes pin
Be sure to register for upcoming classes – just click on Registration under the Events tab.
One of the best parts of a Stampin’ Up! Event is staying in the hotel and having fun with your roommates. I remember my very first Stampin’ Up! event – I was brand new and didn’t know anyone. The only person I had met before was my upline and she was staying with someone already. So I had to make a new friend and found someone that needed a roommate for convention that year.
My family thought I was crazy going out of state and meeting a stranger in a hotel and staying there! I figured if I needed to I’d just go find myself my own room somewhere else. But guess what I walked in that door and met Michele. That was 13 years ago and guess what – she is going to be one of my room mates again this week! We have stayed together many times over the years.
Roommates really are the best. This year we have a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite and there will be 7 of us rooming together. Members of my PAWS team will be joining me and I’m so excited. I made some cute gifts for them. We often call them pillow gifts because you leave them on the pillow. I started with a totally different idea but it did not come together. So I ended up with this idea and I love how it turned out.
I stuck with the Mickey theme again. After I made the little friend gifts I decided I wanted to make Mickey tags for my room mates. Everyone’s has their name on it and if they want to they can transfer them to the bag that Stampin’ Up! will give us. If all 7000 of us have the same bag you need something to distinguish yours from everyone else’s.
- 1-1/2″ Circle punch
- 1″ Circle punch
- Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
- Daffodil Delight card stock
- Real Red card stock
- Basic Black card stock
- Cookie Cutter punch
- Make a Difference stamp set
- Black Memento Ink
- White Stampin’ Chalk Marker
Inside the black canvas mini bag is a Cupcake in a Mug mix and frosting – so we can make birthday cupcakes. Plus napkins, a spoon and then I have the mug. I also brought mickey themed snacks for us – including more oreos and also goldfish. I found those at the grocery store. Now we have to figure out which night to have our cupcakes.
Be sure to register for upcoming classes – just click on Registration under the Events tab.
Order online here – use hostess code TUCMHUCW for November 2018.
I love this cute punch art owl that I found online and decided to add him to a Valentine card for my class last month. Every month I have a class at the local university and their mascot is an owl so it was a perfect card for them too.
I used the You Plus Me Bundle – which includes the Stamp set and the Designer Paper Stack. Plus the new Happy Hearts Embossing folder. Be sure to do your stamping before you emboss so it will be flat on your card.
The owl is made with punches – here is a list:
- body – Real Red – 2-1/2″ circle punch
- to make the ears at the top punch out a partial 1″ circle
- belly – Stacked with Love Designer Paper stack – 2-1/3″ circle punch – stick it back into the punch and punch a second time to create a football shape
- eyes – Whisper White – 1″ circle punch and Basic Black – 1/2″ circle punch
- nose – Calypso Coral – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack Heart
- feet – Calypso Coral – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack Heart
- heart – Real Red – Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack Heart
The eyes on the owl and the heart are both popped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals and then the whole owl is popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front of the card.
A fun cute valentine card!
Thanks for stopping by today.
Animal Talk is one of the sets in our annual catalog that I really like. I love the animals and what they are saying. But I’m sad to say it is on the retired list. This fun card was one I received last year at convention as a swap from Shanae Nay. She created a punch art frog and paired it with the Animal Talk stamp set for a cute card. I used this as a card for my Welcome Spring class earlier this month.
Here are some of the details on this card:
- The front of the card is actually a pocket and the frog itself slides in like a book mark – you could take him out and use him elsewhere. Afternoon Picnic Designer Series paper (retiring) and a strip of Basic Gray embossed with the Needlepoint Embossing folder (retiring).
- The frog is a punch art frog and here are all the pieces
- Arms- Square Framelits to make the arms – cut out a corner
- Body – Apothecary Accents Framelits
- Hands – Boho Blossoms punch – trimmed to 3 petals
- Head – 1-3/4″ Circle punch
- Eyes – 1/2″ circle punch in Basic Black & Whisper White, 3/4″ circle punch in Old Olive
- use Sponger Dauber for the cheeks (these are on the retired list but only because they are changing the packaging to a smaller quantity)
- hand draw the mouth – you can trace an oval punch out it you want
- The tag is the Hexagon Punch and the Six-sided Sampler stamp set along with the Animal Talk little frog. Drag the edge of the hexagon in the ink to add color on the edge. To color the Baker’s Twine use a Stampin’ Sponge to hold the Whisper White Baker’s Twine into the ink pad while you pull it through.
- Animal Talk stamp set (retiring) was used to stamp the background and on the frog on the tag.
There are many retiring items on this card – I’m going to come back later and fill in with a list of everything used. Right now I’m leaving for the day for Stampin’ Up! business. Going to join a focus group prior to dinner with 24 of my demonstrator friends and then the catalog premiere in the theater tonight!!
Have a great day!
These are fun little treats for Easter that you can make with just a bunch of your punches. I’m working on a bunch of them this morning to put out on my tables for tomorrow. I’ll have 29 here for Easter lunch – 25 are family and 4 are family friends. Only 2 younger ones that will be hunting eggs – they will have a bunch – I filled up all the plastic eggs that I had in my Easter stuff.
Here are the pieces I used for these cuties:
- body is 2-1/2″ Circle punch – plus the treat cup filled with jelly beans
- head is 1-3/4″ Circle punch
- Ears are the Large Oval punch – sponged with Blushing Bride ink in center and the edges
- nose is heart from the Owl punch
- eyes are tiny circles from the Owl punch
- q-tip dipped in Blushing Bride ink for the cheeks
- Whiskers drawn on with Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
- mouth drawn on with Raspberry Ripple Stampin’ Write Marker
- bow is Raspberry Ripple ribbon and the flower is the little Dahlia
I use the multi purpose liquid glue and my tiny craft tweezers to assemble.
When Skies are Gray like today you need a little pick me and this little card might be just the right thing!
We have had pouring rain ALL day so it is a very gray day here at my house. Everyone is home – no golf for Greg today. I was sort of waiting to post this card on a rainy day and I guess this is it. This card was part of my Sale-A-Bration class last month. I have seen many people make the sunshine using the little Banner Punch – this is my version. I went with a Summer Starfruit colored sun – I used the Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper for the center of the sun and then used the Banner punch to make the sun rays. Here is a tip for how I added the rays to the circle – think of a compass and add one banner at North, East, South and West. Then fill in between each of those with two banners. That was the easiest way for me to get them somewhat evenly spaced around the circle.
One of the many cards that I saw with this sunshine idea included clouds made from the Cupcake Punch! What a great idea – I’ve actually used that before – remember the stamp set with the hot air balloons from last year – I added clouds to that one. But sometimes you forget until someone triggers you. My clouds are Smoky Slate on this card.
The stamp image is from the See Ya Later stamp set. I used Stampin’ Write Markers to color the stamp, but also stamped the large Happy in the Summer Starfruit so it could be cut out and popped up.
You make me HAPPY when skies are gray. What a nice thing to say!