This was our third Make&Take project at the Stamp, Scrap & Create Retreat. A Birthday card kit that included a birthday cards for a variety of people – a kids card, a teen card, a feminine card and a masculine card. I wanted to accomplish a few things for this project and set of cards. While designing it the plan was to use a consistent color scheme – so the whole set coordinates, and I wanted to use the same layout for each of the cards – to show that changing just the stamp set could make it a completely different card. I was able to use items from my pre-order for the new Stampin’ Up! catalog along with items from the Occasions catalog that continued on into the new annual catalog.
I decided to use the new Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack for this project so the color scheme is Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Whisper White and two brand new colors – Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon. I’m not sure if you have noticed this before but with the paper stacks if you look at one side you have one set of colors and if you flip over and look at the other side you have a slightly different set of colors. For this moonlight stack one side includes the Lost Lagoon (that’s what I used for this project) while the other side included the Blackberry Bliss.
Here is a closer look at each piece of this project.
The box that holds the 4 cards and envelopes was made with the Envelope Punch Board. The front decorated with the Starburst Sayings and Starburst Framelits.
The kids card uses the new Sea Street stamp set and the “happy birthday” is from a new set called Something to Say. A strip of the Moonlight paper stack – that looks like waves and the Starburst die cut is embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder – to look like bubbles. Does that embossing folder look familiar? It was one of the Sale-A-Bration free choices a few months ago.
The teen card uses the Geometrical stamp set and the Triangle punch. For this one the greeting is on the circle and then the punched triangles were added around the front of the card giving a little different look to the same card layout.
Here is the feminine card – it uses the new So Very Happy stamp set. While this wasn’t part of our pre-order it was a set that I received during the Leadership conference back in January. The flower in the set coordinates with the Blossom Punch.
And finally the masculine card – it uses the set called Timeless Talk. This isn’t a new set it was actually in last years catalog too. But sometimes you don’t notice a set until its presented in a different way. For the center of the dial on the phone I added a little Basic Gray candy dot.
For all the cards I used the Hardwood Background stamp. And they each have the large starburst that is embossed, the strip of Moonlight Designer Paper and the 2-1/2″ circle punch with an image plus the punched greeting.
Thanks for stopping by today!
All my Crumb Cake card stock is all gone! Why? Because everyone loved this card so much that I used it all up in my last two classes. Yep the Bunny Butt card is a big winner! And now I need to order more Crumb Cake card stock. It’s an old idea that I revisited with some new Stampin’ Up! products.
Here are the details – it’s really pretty quick to make.
- The card base is Crumb Cake and the front is stamped with the Hardwood Background stamp using Chocolate Chip ink.
- Punch the hole in the front with the 1-3/4″ Circle punch
- Layer on the inside a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock – I put mine on with Stampin’ Dimensionals to make it look like an actual hole – like the bunny is jumping through the fence.
- The Happy Easter is just on a strip of Whisper White that I cut into the banner shape with my paper snips. The stamp is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set.
- I also sponged the edges of the banner with some Crumb Cake ink and tied a piece of the Crisp Cantaloupe Baker’s Twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack in the Sale-a-Bration brochure – I hope you got some before if ended!
- Now let’s make this little bunny butt. Punch from Whisper White card stock – one 1-3/4″ circle, two large oval, and two 7/8″ scallop circle. Sponge all the edges with Crumb Cake ink.
- Punch two pieces of the Crisp Cantaloupe print out of the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series paper (or use the one from the In-color paper stack) using the old retired small oval punch. I know – we don’t sell this one anymore but it’s the perfect size for this so that is what I used. If you don’t have you could use our current small oval it just give a different look.
- Glue the small ovals to the large ovals to make the bottom of his feet. Then use the fat end of the Crisp Cantaloupe Stampin’ Write Marker to make three toe marks – I literally just laid the mark tip down and lifted it back up to create the marks.
- Glue the feet to the large circle.
- Crumple up the small scallop circles to get them fluffy for his tail. Glue the two of them together and then use a dimensional to add the tail to the big circle.
- attach the bunny butt to the card so he looks like he’s jumping through the hole!
Everybody loved this fun bunny card. I hope you do too.
I got another picture of the baby bluebirds yesterday – March 30th –
I for sure see 4 babies – there were 5 eggs originally, so the 5th one could be hidden in the pile or perhaps the egg didn’t hatch. Hopefully a future photo will show the 5th baby. I’ll try to get another photo today and if I do it will be posted on my Facebook page.
Today I have a sweet little project to share combining the Spiral Flower die from the Occasions catalog and the Banner Blast set from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. By the way today – Monday, March 31st is the LAST day to place an order or join and take advantage of the Sale-A-Bration specials – free items for each $50 you spend, if you join and extra $25 in your starter kit! You can order or join directly from my website – click here – click SHOP or JOIN.
So here is my little project –
Aren’t these the cutest little flower pops! Once you get the hang of it they are pretty quick to make – cut the spiral flower on the Big Shot and then you roll it up – and it works so much better if you use some craft tweezers to do the twirling.
The Pansy punch is what I used for the leaves. Punch a hole in the center of the pansy and also in the little tab end of the spiral flower – that’s where the stick of the lollipop goes through – if you push those over the base of the wrapper they will stay put.
To finish this cute little treat I added the tag from the Banner Blast set.
- Stamp the Hi image in Primrose Petals – by the way I used Primrose Petals Coordinations card stock for the flower
- Punch it out with the banner punch
- Punch a small hole in the corner
- Then tie it on with the twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory pack
Fun treat to give all your friends this spring!
Stampin’ Up!’s coordinating products make it so easy to create beautiful cards in no time. Check this one out –
The coordinating products in the Sale-A-Bration Sweet Sorbet collection – designer paper and bakers twine from the accessory pack. I paired it with the Label Love bundle which includes the Label Love stamp set and the coordinating Artisan Label punch. With card stock that matches our ink and designer paper this card came together in no time.
A quick post today! Come back tomorrow and I’ll have something else to share.
Here is the Stampin’ Up! Tuesday news….
You can go straight to my online store – SHOP HERE.
- You + Us + March 26 = Awesome! Have you ever wished you could stamp with the folks at Stampin’ Up!’s home office? Your wish is granted–and your opportunity is coming soon! Here’s the basic rundown.
Who: You! And feel free to invite anyone who wants to play along.
What: This is a live, streaming event where we will stamp with the All Wrapped Up Bundle on page 6 of the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Order the bundle (one for each person who will be attending) in time to have it at the event. Our projects will also feature the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper, so you may want to order that as the free Sale-A-Bration product. Then choose your preferred device–computer, tablet, smart phone, or even hook up your computer to your TV*–and tune in to learn some fun new things to do with the bundle!
When: March 26, 2014, at 5:30 PM, 7:30 PM, and 11:00 PM (all times MT). We’ll demonstrate the same projects each time, so choose the one that’s best for you. *****I’ll be joining the first one which is 7:30 PM Eastern Time. If you would like to join me at my house let me know! ********
Where: You don’t even have to leave home. Come to www.youtube.com/stampinupvideo at your chosen time, and be prepared to stamp! We’ll also award door prizes to random participants.
Why: So many occasions are coming–Easter, Mother’s Day, graduations, and more–and we want to help you be ready.
Hope you can make it. We’d love to have you join us!
- New Weekly Deals 3/18 – 3/24 – This weeks deals….
- New My Digital Studio Downloads – New stuff this week….
- Paper Pumpkin – on 3/20 there will be more refill kits released for existing Paper Pumpkin Subscribers. You can see everything available at www.mypaperpumpkin.com/pastkits on March 20. The free Marker set offer ends on March 31st. The March kit was the best one yet! JOIN TODAY – just CLICK HERE – to go to the sign up. And you can see ideas with past kits by visiting my Paper Pumpkin Idea Pinterest Board.
- Sale-A-Bration is ending soon – don’t miss it!!! 1/28 – 3/31 – It’s our biggest event of the year! For every $50 you spend you get a FREE Sale-A-Bration gift! Shop, Host or Join.
- Join my Team – it’s not too late to take advantage of several offers – during Sale-A-Bration you get $150 of product in your $99 starter kit. Plus free registration for convention for all new demonstrators – registration for convention starts April 8th. And on April 28th Stampin’ Up! is doing a catalog premier in Theaters for demonstrators around the country! I’ll know later this week if there is a theater near me – crossing fingers that there is. Lot’s of exciting things going on at Stampin’ Up! – don’t you want to be a part of it?
I hope you found something fun in the things I listed above!
Order online at my store any time – START HERE.
When Skies are Gray like today you need a little pick me and this little card might be just the right thing!
We have had pouring rain ALL day so it is a very gray day here at my house. Everyone is home – no golf for Greg today. I was sort of waiting to post this card on a rainy day and I guess this is it. This card was part of my Sale-A-Bration class last month. I have seen many people make the sunshine using the little Banner Punch – this is my version. I went with a Summer Starfruit colored sun – I used the Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper for the center of the sun and then used the Banner punch to make the sun rays. Here is a tip for how I added the rays to the circle – think of a compass and add one banner at North, East, South and West. Then fill in between each of those with two banners. That was the easiest way for me to get them somewhat evenly spaced around the circle.
One of the many cards that I saw with this sunshine idea included clouds made from the Cupcake Punch! What a great idea – I’ve actually used that before – remember the stamp set with the hot air balloons from last year – I added clouds to that one. But sometimes you forget until someone triggers you. My clouds are Smoky Slate on this card.
The stamp image is from the See Ya Later stamp set. I used Stampin’ Write Markers to color the stamp, but also stamped the large Happy in the Summer Starfruit so it could be cut out and popped up.
You make me HAPPY when skies are gray. What a nice thing to say!