We had another full day at the Stampin’ Up! 2012 Convention. Day 2 (Friday) is done. The days are flying by so fast I am really losing track of the days. It doesn’t feel like it was a Friday, not sure what kind of a day it is was other than a whole lot of fun. I’ll try to recap a bit for you.
We did some stamping at our Make & take class using the You’re Amazing stamp set.
Stephanie is in the back and I am in the front working
We had general sessions at the main stage area with fun stamping demonstrations by Shannon West featuring Halloween and Fall products from the new Holiday Catalog. And from Bonnie Thurber featuring Christmas products from the Holiday Catalog. With each stamping demo there was a prize patrol – and Stephanie won today!
Stephanie won Prize Patrol!
Our room is doing well this year with prize patrol. Cindy and I won on Thursday, Stephanie won today and Jeannie won in one of her classes. Shelli Gardner also did a stamping presentation showing us how she made a fun creative journal. And then there were some recognition marches. I got to walk on stage today for my career sales of $100,000.
Career Sales Award March
Then I had two business classes today – I Am Having Fun with Shannon West. And she is always fun – we have had a little mini flash mob in the middle of class. And the second was I Am Reaching Out with Emily Montoya – I got to sit with a new friend Judy Westcott – I was excited to find and meet her at convention.
And look at this oh so cute Halloween project –
Well guess what – you can get all the supplies to make your very own in August – want to know how – just join my Stampin’ Up! team during the month of August. The demonstrator starter kit is $99 and fully customizable now – so contact me today – Click here to email me.
That’s my wrap up for today’s news from convention. Saturday is the final day and if you are a demonstrator – tune in for the Live Streaming of the closing general session – by going to the demo website to connect – that’s 2-4 pm Mountain Time.
Thursday was Day 1 of the Stampin’ Up! 2012 convention. And it feels like we fit two days worth of stuff into just this one day. Our morning started early with a quick to-breakfast from the hotel and then swapping and waiting to enter the Main Stage area for our first General Session.
Thousands of demonstrators waiting on the doors to open to Main Stage
part of the Main Stage set
We were greeted by a fun video ( a lip dub video) – it is posted on the Stampin’ Up! Facebook page but let’s see if I can link it here –
Hmm- not sure that is working – maybe the connection here at the hotel is just slow. So I’ll move on. We had a nice welcome from Shelli the CEO of Stampin’ Up! and then a quick stamping demonstration. The Keynote speaker had us all laughing in our seats talking about Generation Y. Then we headed off to our breakout classes. My first class was I am Savvy. We saw to-die-for stamping projects. Dawn Griffith showed us fun ways to use ribbon, Laura Milligan showed us some sewing (and no-sew) fabric projects, and Meg Wheeler demonstrated the Simply Sent and Simply Scrappin’ Kits and some new ways to use those.
That was all before lunch! After lunch a quick run back to Memento Mall for some more shopping and then I went to my next class – I am Doing Business “My Way”. Bonnie Thurber as always was funny and introduced the two speakers – Tami White and Ronda Wade – who both shared some great business tips and class ideas. I can’t wait to work some of those into my business. Then off to Make-n-takes we went working with the Day Dream Medallions stamp set.
working on Make & Take projects
Then we went back to the main stage for our closing general session. Holly Linford showed us a demonstration of My Digital Studio 2!! and at the end she announced a release date of August 1st (with most of the new features but not all of them are completely ready). It is going to be so awesome! And then we had PRIZE PATROL – and guess what the winning band was? Look at my band in my picture – it’s yellow stripes and the winning band was Yellow Stripes! Cindy and I both won a prize (I just don’t have a picture on my camera to share with you right now). But yeah!!
Thursday night was awards night – where they award the top demonstrator achievers in various catagories. And to my surprise the Getaway Trip winners were included in the Awards night presentations. Now we didn’t get called by name and we didn’t any flowers or jewelry or cute bags – but we were recognized on stage. I’ll have to get a better pictures – several of my friends took some on their cameras – but I don’t have those now. This was the one Stephanie took with my camera – but I looked down and she took the picture.
On stage at Awards Night for earning the Getaway trip.
A busy day with an after party once the awards were complete.
Oh my! I’m doin’ the Happy Dance! You can all dance with me. Did you see the thermometer?
Look it went over the top!! With all of your help I have earned my first incentive trip! I’m so excited. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I will be getting emails out to everyone that took part in my 55 orders campaign really soon. And I’ll be planning a celebration party and give you the details on that, and free class passes, and more. I placed my final orders today – and that should put me over the top. I called Stampin’ Up! just to ask if they saw it the same way I did. And tomorrow the reports should show that I earned enough points to go on the Get-a-way trip. Thank you to Colleen, Jamie, Wanda, and Claire for your orders. I hope I haven’t missed anyone I’ve been trying to add the thank you’s to my posts each day. It’s been an exciting ride these past few weeks with both ups and downs. I honestly wasn’t sure that I could do this. But with all of your help I did and that is just amazing and I thank you so much!
Have a great weekend! I have more Artisan projects to share next week, some new cards, a couple of fun scrapbook layouts we made today and a surprise is coming too. So keep coming back and visit me here on my little blog.
Hi all! I came home Sunday from San Antonio, TX. Most of the week was taken up with Leadership activities and I stayed an extra day to attend the Regional Conference too. It was such a wonderful week. I loved the location – I enjoyed walking every day (or night) along the Riverwalk. Catching up with old friends and meeting new ones is always a ton of fun! I took lots of pictures and have many, many new ideas to share and use for my upcoming classes and workshops – I can’t wait – the hard part is what should I start with. It seemed that this year we got SO much free stuff. There were lots of giveaways for everyone, plus prize patrol for those that were selected. I got a few bonuses – first I was able to attend the Manager’s Reception this year – my first time – and those that attended got a brand spankin new stamp set. Then I was a Make&Take helper – my first time for that too – and we got a special thank you gift bag for that. In my Retaining & Engaging Your Downline class with Donna Griffith and Patsy Waggoner I was asked to be a volunteer, it turned out to be a little game (I wasn’t very good at it) but Donna still gave all the contestants (there were three of us) 3 stamp sets! That was a big Surprise! And then the most exciting part was the card contest that Stampin’ Up! had this year – they chose winners for all the different stamp sets in the Occasions Mini Catalog – everyone put their entries – either cards or scrapbook pages – on these clothes lines that were set up in the Gathering Place. Then the SU staff picked their favorites. And guess what I was picked not once but TWICE! and when I went to claim my prize they another another one of my cards in their hand – but I couldn’t get picked 3 times she said. Hmmm I think i’ll send that one in for the magazine contest since they loved it soo much. Anyway I got a little prize pack for that – the Sweet Shop Designer Series paper, Designer Stickers and Jelly Bean Brads!
Oh and one more super exciting thing is at the Manager’s Reception I got to chat with Shelli Gardner (CEO and cofounder of Stampin’ Up!) and I was carrying around my Holiday Mini catalog (the one with my picture in it) so I could get her autograph and I did!! There is so much more to tell you but I’ll have to spread it out over time or you might get tired of reading and miss something. Let me share some pictures with you now that I rambled on about so much.
These are all my Leadership gifts/prizes/take home goodies!
How do you like our cute bag? New fabric – coming soon! At the Make&Take session the tables were set with a matching folio for everyone and a cute little box filled with homemade chocolates. I’ll share more about Make&Takes on another day.
My two winning contest entries were these –
features Loving Thoughts stamp set
This is the Gnome Sweet Gnome stamp set - an 8x8 scrapbook page
Click here for the post on the scrapbook page. I must not have posted the card yet so I’ll put up details later this week.
These are the lists of the contest winners - the "M's" are on the third page.
My friend Linda was also a winner - here we are together with our prizes.
It was a super fun trip – now I can’t wait for convention to get here! I’ll have more to share with you this week and probably next week too – including some announcements from Stampin’ Up! that you won’t want to miss. So stop by again and don’t forget to say hi!
Hi everyone! I hope you are having a good week. We are having some gorgeous weather here – I hope the rest of you are too. Today I’m posting about the Stylish blogger Award. This was given to me by Patrice from My Little Patch of Dirt – it has been a little while – I’ve just been very busy so I’m just now getting this on my blog. Thank you so much Patrice – I hope you will visit her blog and leave her some love. She leaves comments for me all the time and it makes me feel so good.
As part of the award I have to tell you 8 things about myself and pass the award on to 8 other crafters. So let me share some things about myself –
- I just completed 5 years as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator – Feb. 3rd is my Stampin’ Up! Anniversary. I joined during Sale-A-Bration because it was the best time to join and this year the deal is even sweeter than it was when I joined.
- Before I started stamping I was a cross-stitcher – I started doing that in middle school. I made a counted-cross stitch Christmas stocking for Greg while we were dating in college and made four more – one for myself and each of my three boys. I decided after it took me forever to finish Ryan’s stocking (it was ready for his second Christmas) that I needed a new craft because this one took too long to get to the end result – that was when I found stamping.
- I have a B.S. in Computer Science from Ga Tech and worked in programming, and project management for 12 years before deciding to stay home full time with my three boys.
- My favorite TV shows are Grey’s Anatomy, American Idol, Glee, Brothers & Sisters. My old favorites that I watch on DVD in my craft room are Friends and Charmed. I use the DVR to record them and watch when I have time.
- I have always been shy and quiet, I don’t like to speak in front of people or talk on the phone. Stampin’ Up! helps me overcome those things because I love to share what I’m making and what I’m doing with anyone that will listen.
- I love animals. I have two mini Jack-Russel terriers (Magnolia and Aspen) now. I used to have two miniature schnauzers(Skip and Scarlet) that lived for 15 and 16 years. Growing up I always wanted a dog but I didn’t get one until Greg gave me one of the miniature schnauzers when we were dating in college – that was Skip. I love to watch the birds in the backyard and soon it will be nesting season and I hope to have pictures and stories to share with you over the next few months. I hope one day to ride an elephant, and visit the Galapagos Islands. I would love to swim with the dolphins – but I actually did get to do that once already!
- I was born and raised in Georgia – I have lived my entire life right here in the the metro-Atlanta area. Greg was also born and raised here in Georgia. We haven’t gone far! We met in college at Ga Tech. And we have been in our house now for 16 years and plan to be here forever more – with all the work we have done on the house we don’t plan to leave.
- I love being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator! I enjoy having classes and workshops and sharing with everyone. I’m totally excited that my team is growing and I’m able to share this great opportunity with others. I don’t make decisions quickly and thought about joining SU for several months and did lots of research before I actually committed. I found my upline through her website and signed up after meeting her for the first time. She was such an inspiration to me and helped me create a successful Stampin’ Up! business – and she is one of my 8 Stylish Blogger Award winners.
That was hard to do. Patrice said the same thing when she made her list and I agree. So let me tell you who my 8 Stylish Blogger Award winners are:
1. Wendy Randall (my wonderful upline) – www.thestamper.com
2. Roxy Somerville www.stampingwithroxy.typepad.com
3. Robin Merriman www.trinitydesignstudio.blogspot.com
4. Cindy Schuster nutmegcreations.blogspot.com
5. Rosemarie Diehl rosemariediehl.blogspot.com
6. Carrie Gaskin artisticavenger.wordpress.com
7. Heather Summers stampwithheather.typepad.com
8. Gretchen Barron gretchenbarron.typepad.com
Congratulations ladies! I love to visit your blogs and see your project ideas. Once you put the award on your blog remember to tell us 8 things about yourself and select 8 more crafters to pass this award on to. And for those of you visiting my blog I hope you will take a few minutes to stop by each of these ladies blogs and see some great projects and ideas!
Have an awesome day!
Thank You soooo much to everyone that voted for me for LNS Royal Blog Tour Honorary Queen. I can’t believe it! Look at the beautiful graphic that I get to post on my blog!
Thank you! Danke! Merci! Grazie! Gracias!