Have you noticed the Thoroughly Modern File Folders in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog? They coordinate with the Thoroughly Modern Designer Series paper. There are 12 folders in the package. But you can use them for more than just file folders. Here is a great project that was shown in the Stampin’ Success magazine (our Demonstrator magazine). I saw a variation of this project at convention and then at our last STARZ meeting Wendy shared this project with her group. I was thrilled because I already had it planned for my Stamper’s Club meeting.
For this project the file folder was scored, cut and folded to create a notepad holder with a pocket, a pen holder and a velcro closure. I thought it would be great for shopping – write you list on the pad stick your coupons in the pocket and head to the grocery store.
For this one the stamp set is Eastern Blooms. The center of the large flower is colored with the Soft Suede marker and then the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint was added to the center.
The folders come in Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Rose Red, and Sahara Sand. There are 3 each of 4 different designs.
Here is another one – for this one I used the For All You Do stamp set. The flowers are cut and layered and then I added a vintage brad to the center.
I added a pile of the medium flowers in the inside corner. The pens are the kind with the barrel that you can open and then insert a piece of the matching designer series paper.
It was a fun project and I think everyone at the Stamper’s Club meeting liked it. It is great when its something fun and something useful.
Have a great weekend – I’m glad you stopped by.
This project uses the Eastern Blooms stamp set and the Thank You Kindly stamp set. Since the March Kit used the Thank You Kindly stamp set and the March Ribbon share includes the Pink Pirouette ribbon I thought this would be the perfect project to share since it used both. This was a project that we made at convention last summer and I made mine a little bit different than the original Stampin’ Up! instructions. Here are all the details:
Eastern Blooms stamp set
Thank You Kindly stamp set
Pink Pirouette card stock: 9-1/2″ x 6″
Bella Rose Designer Series paper: 12″ x 2″
Whisper White Note Cards and envelopes
Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
Pink Pirouette Classic Ink
Pink Pirouette 1-1/4″ grosgrain ribbon: 11″
Linen Thread: 12″
Fire Circle Rhinestone Brads: 1 pink
Pop-up Glue Dot
Crafter’s Tool Kit
Scallop Edge Punch
Paper Cutter with scoring blade
1. Score 9-1/2″ x 6″ Pink Pirouette card stock at 4″ and 5-1/2″. Score a line parallel to each long side 1″ from the edge. Cut at 4″ and 5-1/2″ from edge to 1″ score line on both sides using paper snips.
2. Stamp flowers in Pink Pirouette ink on front of box. (Mask or whip ink off outer flowers on stamp.) Assemble box using Sticky Strip.
3. Use Scallop Edge punch alon top edge of Designer Series paper. Starting at the back of box, wrap Designer Series paper strip around box, creasing at box corners. Adhere to box using Sticky Strip.
4. Thread needle from Crafters’ Tool Kit with linen thread. Stitch along edge of Pink Pirouette ribbon with stitches slightly less than 1/4″ apart. Pull thread, and gather ribbon into a circle to form rosette. Stitch ends together once, and tie knot to secure. Attach a Pink Rhinestone brad through the center of the rosette.
5. Stamp “A note of thanks” in Chocolate chip ink on Whisper White Note cards. Stamp flowers in Pink Pirouette ink on Whisper White Note cards and envelopes. (Mask or wipe ink off outer flowers on stamp.) Insert cards and envelopes into box.
6. Adhere the rosette to front of box using a Pop-up Glue Dot.
You could set this on your desk and have thank you notes all ready to go!