As I was preparing for my class on Thursday I cleaned my craft table and made a pile of card stock scraps to put away in my scrap folders. I noticed three colors that I had lying together and thought what a good color combination. It was Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss and Rose Red. I’m sure that somewhere else that combination has already been found but that was how I happened upon it – so I set the scraps aside because I wanted to make a card using those colors. As I look through the catalog – this color combination or something close to it is already in the catalog – the new Bright Delights rub-ons have Rose Red, Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss; the Flower Fusion has Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red and Old Olive; even the Retro Fresh Style Watch includes these colors – I guess I wasn’t so original after all. Tonight I took a few minutes and put together a quick card. This would make a great one-sheet wonder idea.
- Wow Flowers stamp set
- Pumpkin Pie card stock
- Kiwi Kiss card stock
- Rose Red card stock
- Whisper White card stock
- Classic Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red
- Stampin’ Write Marker: Rose Red
- Punches: Scallop Circle, 1-3/8″ Circle punch, 1-1/4″ Circle punch, 1/8″ handheld punch, 1/16″ handheld punch
- Circle Scissors Plus & Glass Mat
- Flower Designer Brads
- Crystal Effects
- Tombo glue
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Randomly stamp Whisper White card stock using Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss and Rose Red ink with the flower image.
- Adhere to Rose Red card stock. Adhere to Kiwi Kiss card stock. And adhere to the front of the Pumpkin Pie card base.
- Stamp “Thank You” image on Whisper White card stock using Kiwi Kiss ink and punch out with the 1-1/4″ circle punch. Adhere to a 1-3/8″ Rose Red circle.
- To create the flower brad go ahead and punch a 1/16″ circle in the center of the flower and insert the small flower brad. Color the flower petals with a Rose Red Stampin’ Write Marker and then cover with Crystal Effects. Let dry. Punch a 1/8″ circle from a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock. Use a small drop of Tombo glue to adhere to the center of the flower. Carefully add a small “bubble” of Crystal Effects on top. Let dry.
- Cut a 2″ circle from Pumpkin Pie card stock using the Circle Scissor Plus and a Glass Mat.
- Punch a Scallop Circle from Kiwi Kiss card stock. Adhere to the Pumpkin Pie circle. Adhere to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- When the Crystal effects has dried add the Rose Red circle to the center of the Kiwi Kiss Scallop Circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp a matching envelope.
I love how the little flower brad turned out! I hope you like it too.