It took me a few tries to figure out how to get this Valentine heart to work for me. This is the Sweet Centers stamp set in the new Holiday Mini Catalog. The picture from Stampin’ Up! has these cute little valentines made using the Sweet Treat cups. I wanted to make them so I stamped my hearts, cut them out and put my candy in the container and put it all together. It was very quick – but the plastic from the sweet treat cups hung over the edges and the bottom and top of my heart. I tried to trim it with my Craft & Rubber scissors but it really just made a mess – the plastic is a good thickness and then it has adhesive on it so my edges were not what I wanted them to be. So I had to experiment some with this one until it pleased me.
I know it is early to think of Valentine’s Day but I wanted to use all the different stamps in this set to showcase its versatility.
So the best way that I found to create this is as follows:
- Start with a piece of card stock (I used Whisper White) and stamp the heart image.
- Fill the Sweet treat Cup and remove the adhesive and adhere to the center of the heart image.
- Now trim out the heart being sure you leave a wide enough edge that the plastic from the cup stays covered.
- Stamp another heart image on another piece of card stock.
- Punch out the center with the 1-3/4″ circle punch.
- Adhere this over the top of the Sweet Centers Cup lining it up with the back heart and then trim to match the heart.
- I punched a hole in the top and added a tag. When I tried to tie it all the way around my thread kept slipping off. This way it uses less thread and you just tie it in the corner.
The cup showing on the edges wouldn’t be an issue if you just had this on a card front and covered it with a full piece of card stock that wasn’t trimmed right along the edges of the heart. You could just stamp the heart on a square piece of card stock and not trim it at all – I’m sure that would be cute too and faster to make since you won’t have all the cutting to do.
If you haven’t bought these little Sweet Treat cups they are fun to use and not too big. If you want to mail them we have padded envelopes just for that purpose. I’m waiting on my envelopes to come and I’ll mail one and let you know how much it costs.
Have a sweet day!