In my monthly card class – Quick & Cute Cards – I try to always have an option for a baby card – with both a blue and a pink option. I guess maybe I need a neutral option too. Do people still wait for the surprise to find out at the birth if it is a boy or a girl? My oldest is 27 years old and we waited until he was born so it was a surprise. But my two younger ones we knew before they were born that they would be boys. I wonder what young parents are doing these days. Anyway I thought I’d share with you the card that I currently have in my card class.
I love the Little Elephant stamp set in the Annual Catalog. It comes as a bundle with the Elephant Builder punch – that’s a 10% savings! For these baby cards I paired the bundle with the Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper and the coordinating Baker’s Twine. You could easily switch the Pool Party and the Petal Pink and use the Soft Sea Foam print that comes in the paper pack for a neutral gender card. Pair that one with the silver and white Baker’s Twine instead of the colored ones that I used on these cards.
- #148340 Little Elephant Bundle = stamp set + Elephant Builder Punch
- #146284 Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper
- #146286 Twinkle Twinkle Card Stock pack
- #140272 Thick Whisper White Card Stock (I use this for the card base)
- #100730 Whisper White card stock (I use this for the tag, circle and stamping the elephant
- #147118 Gray Granite Classic ink
- #147107 Pool Party Classic ink
- #147108 Petal Pink Classic ink
- #146288 Silver & Petal Pink Bakers Twine
- #147015 Silver & Pool Party Bakers Twine
- #145372 Stitched Shapes Framelits
- #143730 Wood Crate Framelits (that’s where the tag is from)
- #141705 Layering Circles Framelits
- #143263 Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
This set can be used for more than baby cards. It has a variety of greetings included – for friendship, thanks, and celebrations. Thanks for stopping by today.
Be sure to register for upcoming classes – just click on Registration under the Events tab.