The Day Dreams Medallions stamp set coordinates perfectly with the Floral Frames Framelits and makes this card easy to create.
I saw this card in the Stampin’ Up! catalog and wanted to create a version of it. It is hard to see in the photo but the card front is actually a window – cut with the framelit. And the flowers are stamped and layered on the inside of the card front. In order to accommodate the large image the card is a square 5″ x 5″ card. Since our regular envelopes don’t fit I created my own envelope using a piece of Designer Paper and my Simply Scored and Diagonal plate.
I know you’ll want to know a little more about making the envelope so here are some measurements for you.
- The card is 5×5 finished size.
- The Designer Paper is cut to a 8″ x 8″ square.
- use the Simply Scored with the Diagonal Plate – place the paper in the corner and score on all four sides diagonally at 3-3/4″.
- On each side the score lines will overlap and form a small triangle – cut those away.
- Then fold on the score lines.
- Fold in two opposite sides. And some adhesive to the bottom triangle and fold it up to create the envelope.
- Slide in your card.
- You can make the top flap sticky by applying Multipurpose Liquid Glue and let it dry completely- this forms a repositionable adhesive on the flap. The Two-Way glue pen works the same way.
Have a great day!