Remember in January I had a plan to design and make a Christmas card each month for the whole year. It’s my plan to get ahead on Christmas cards for December. If you want to read more or see card 1 – go here. I’ve got two months done. So I wanted to share my February card with you.
This card idea is actually from a swap card that I created using the Thoughtful Blooms stamp set that is part of our Sale-A-Bration promotion. I created a thank you card that has been very well loved, so I thought I can turn that idea into a Christmas card by changing up the colors. And adding a different set for the sentiment. Everything I used on this card is current – so if you don’t have it you can order it and make this card too. I gathered up all my supplies, worked on all my pieces, and then sat and assembled everything – including stamping the inside of the card and a matching envelope.
How I made it
The card base is Early Espresso with a white layer that was cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I stamped the stem/leaf image in Mossy Meadow ink. And then added flowers and berries in Merry Merlot. I used the Small Bloom punch to punch out flowers from Merry Merlot card stock and stacked two together to make a flower. To give the flower some curvature I like to put it on a Stampin’ Pierce mat and burnish the center with a stylus from the Take Your Pick tool – just roll it around in the center of each flower until they start to curl.
Under the flower is a vellum circle – punched with the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch. And in the center of the flower is a Basic Rhinestone. To finish I tied a little bow with some Mossy Meadow twine from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack. Celebrate the Season is from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set that carried over from the Holiday catalog. You can order all the products that I used for this card in my online store – the supply list is below.
- #152290 Thoughtful Blooms stamp set (free with a $50 order during Sale-A-Bration 2020)
- #152316 Small Bloom Punch (free with a $100 order during Sale-A-Bration 2020 – and it may also be available in the 20-21 Annual catalog)
- #150513 Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set
- #151690 Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- #143720 2-1/4″ Circle Punch
- #119686 Early Espresso card stock
- #100730 Whisper White card stock
- #146979 Merry Merlot card stock
- #101856 Vellum card stock
- #107301 Medium Whisper White envelopes
- #147111 Mossy Meadow classic ink
- #147112 Merry Merlot classic ink
- #147114 Early Espresso classic ink
- #149485 Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack
- #144220 Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- #126199 Stampin’ Pierce Mat
- #144107 Take Your Pick Tool
- #104332 Snail Adhesive
- #103683 Mini Glue Dots
- #104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals
- #144108 Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
You could get everything on this list and it would be enough to get the stamp set and punch for free with your Sale-A-Bration rewards and earn Stampin’ Rewards (more free product). Or if you have the basics like ink, card stock and adhesive then get the stamp set for free and use another stamp or die to create a flower. I hope you like Card 2 of the 12 Cards of Christmas Challenge. Next to plan my March card.
Be sure to register for upcoming classes – just click on Registration under the Events tab.