I’m continuing to share with you from our STARZ meeting last weekend.  I asked several of the girls to bring a make&take project for everyone and I have two I’m going to show today.  I decided that both of these would be perfect for Wedding Cards.  I know for me I had my wedding on my mind during this time of year.  Our wedding anniversary is next week on July 22nd.  It will be our 21st anniversary!  And I will be in Salt Lake City at the Stampin’ Up! convention.  I told Greg to make sure he went out and played golf that day.

So on to the cards to show you.  The first is a wedding card that Cindy brought and you can find out more about it on her blog – click here.  She got the idea from another demonstrator and added her own little touch to it – the flower bouquet.  We decided the new rhinestones and pearls that are in the new catalog would work well on this card too for adding bling to the dress.

This card was not very hard to make – it is a regular sized card but scored a bit different.  There are two sides that fold in to meet in the center.  Then one side is decorated as the groom in his tux and the other is the bride in her dress.  When you close the card they are standing next to each other with the brides dress overlapping the front of the card.  I’m sure that I will use this idea again when I need a wedding card.  We used the Trio Flower punch to make the bouquet and it was one of the punches that retired.  But any flower ideas would work.  I’m so glad that Cindy shared this with us and that we all got to actually make it.

This next card is another share that Michelle brought for us to make.  She taught us how to make these beautiful rose buds using the Two-Step Bird punch.  It really is the bird punch – can you believe it!

Michelle does not have a blog yet but you can see another one of her projects this month on the Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator website in the Online Extras for the Monthly art contest – she didn’t win but she got an Honorable Mention.  She does some beautiful work with sponging and shading on her projects that really make things look real.

I think this card could also be used as a wedding card and you could even adjust the colors of the card and rose buds to match the wedding colors.  This card took some time punching out the various pieces, shading them all with the sponge dauber and then glueing them together.  When working with little pieces like these I prefer to use a pair of craft tweezers and a 2-way glue pen.

The ideas from these cards could also be used on a scrapbook page for a wedding – you could create a bouquet of roses if you spent some time with it.  Thank you to both of them for sharing their ideas with our group.

Here is my convention prep work update – I have 2 more full days to work on stuff and then I leave on Tuesday!

Shoebox swap – 49 cards – designed, cut, all the kits are assembled and I have 24 assembled with just one more step to finish on most of them – and then I need to make one more – I was supposed to have 25.  Then I need to pack the supplies to make the kits and I will be done – so Almost Done.

UDI card swap – 19 cards – designed, cut and needs to be assembled

UDI 3-D swap – I only have to make 1!  And I know what it is just need to decide if I want to give away my sample or make a new one.

General swap 1 – 25 card fronts – All DONE

General swap 2 – 25 card fronts – All DONE

General swap 3 – 25 card fronts – I have an idea in mind, I just need to work on it – this may not get done at all.

General swap 4 – 25 card fronts – I realized I started cutting for a swap, used part of it for my STARZ swap this weekend, but I think I want to redesign this because I wasn’t completely happy with it, so I need to work with what I already cut

Friend gifts – planning to make some amount of something to give to friends I see

Roommate gifts – 3 – designed

Well I better go get busy – I still have lots to do!