This quick little box is made from one piece of card stock and doesn’t need any adhesive – just a belly band to hold it shut. Fill it with some cute little matching Love Notes and you have a perfect little gift for someone sweet!
These are both based on ideas that I saw at the Stampin’ Up! Leadership conference. The box was an on stage demonstration and I think the little cards were too – but I’m not sure they were shown together – since my photos have them in different colors – I did combine the ideas for this project that I used in my team meeting this past weekend. We had lots of fun sharing both creative and business ideas and things that we learned at Leadership. Right now is a great time to join my team – during Sale-A-Bration you can choose $156.50 worth of products for your starter kit for only $99! And the kit is fully customizable so you can choose any items you want from the current catalogs! If you would like to learn more about this opportunity let me know – email me at email@example.com or check out more details on my website.
So back to this cute project – you start with a 7-1/2″ square and then use the Simply Scored Tool with the Diagonal Score Plate (you can get that FREE during Sale-A-Bration) – and score all four sides diagonally at 2-1/4″ and 3-1/2″.
Then you will do some cutting away of the little sections on each side.
Then you just fold it up to form the box. I cut a strip of Rich Razzleberry Designer Paper to go around it for a belly band – it just slides on and off. That is what holds the box shut.
Decorating the box was pretty quick –
- I stamped on the box with a couple of images from the Oh Hello stamp set
- Wrapped the strip of Designer Paper around it and glued the ends together.
- Then wrap the Linen Thread around it and tie in a bow.
- Slide the belly band off and add the Designer Builder Brad, then slide it back on.
- To make the Builder Brad – stamp an image from the Itty Bitties stamp set on card stock and punch out with the circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack. Use a mini glue dot to attach to the Builder Brad. Then cover with the epoxy bubble that comes with the brad.
The box holds some Love Notes – which are little 3×3″ cards. I made mine out of Whisper White card stock and included matching white envelopes – they are the mini square ones in the Stampin’ Up! catalog. We made two designs at our meeting.
- The little Love Notes are made from Whisper White card stock
- Emboss the front edge with the Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder.
- Then stamp the words in Old Olive and the images in Rich Razzleberry
- Finish the Love Note by tying a piece of Linen Thread around.
- Stamp the envelopes to match.
A fun little project – I hope you like it. The stamp set is the Oh Hello stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! Spring Catalog. If you would like to order any of the products that I used to make this project please visit my online store on my website. Here is a full list of supplies for you.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Oh, Hello, Itty Bitties
- Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
- Card Stock: Old Olive, Whisper White
- Accessories: Simply Scored, Diagonal Scoring Plate, Linen Thread, Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Designer Builder Brads, Mini Glue Dots, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Polka Dot Parade Designer Paper, Mini square envelopes
Have a great day!