Let me show you how I turned the Petite Purse Big Shot die into a little manicure set. It was one of the wrapper swaps that I took to the Stampin’ Up! Leadership conference this year. And I gave them to my roommates as their little pillow gift too.
I actually had three different color combinations but forgot to take pictures of the others. One was Rich Razzleberry (purple accessories) and the other Raspberry Ripple (pink accessories). Each petite purse has a bottle of nail polish (the blue one actually has clear polish) and a mini manicure set.
Here are a few tips on how I created this little gem –
- I cut the Petite Purse Big Shot Die from Pool Party card stock.
- Cut the back panel again from a small piece of Pool Party card stock and emboss with the Big Shot using the Fancy Fan Folder – attach it to the back of the purse.
- Cut the back with the flap out of Designer Paper – the paper here is Sycamore Street Designer paper
- I glued the designer paper on the inside of the purse and flap and then bend the flap back – I actually used a tiny silver brad to attach it to the back of the purse – I didn’t want it to come loose.
- I tied some Baker’s Twine through one of the Sycamore Street buttons and attached it to the purse using a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- For the handle cut a piece of the Sycamore Street ribbon and glue it to the card stock handle from the die cut. This way you end up with a stiff handle. I attached each end to the sides of the purse with mini silver brads.
- stamp a tag from the Pretty Petites stamp set and punch it out with the Petite Curly Label punch – punch a little hole and tie it to the handle with some Baker’s Twine.
- I punched a little circle from the matching designer paper and added it to the top of the manicure set.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the nail polish bottle.
Super Cute! I wish I had pictures of the other ones too so you could see all the matching colors. These were part of a “candy” wrapper swap that I participated in at the Leadership Conference. Not everyone did candy ideas – I usually participate in two groups and do one with candy and one without. Come back again I’ll have the other one later this week.
Several of these products will be available during Sale-A-Bration starting Jan. 22nd. If you would like to have a Sale-A-Bration mini club with a couple of your friends check out the details on my website – these are going to be fun!