This adorable notebook project was shared by Joyce Pandolfi at a downline meeting that we had a few months back.  I thought it would be the perfect project for the ladies at my KSU club.  The school mascot is an owl so I wanted to add the owl somehow and decided to create a coordinating bookmark that uses the owl punch.  It all turned out so cute.

This is just a normal composition book from the store.  These happened to be striped instead of the marbled ones.  But any kind will do.  The front label is covered with several layers of card stock.

Basic Black, Read Red, Basic Black and then Whisper White.  On the white piece we used the jumbo wheel Neighborhood – wheeled in black and then used Stampin’ Write Markers to color in just one house (and the dog house).

Below that is Basic Black, Real Red and Daffodil Delight letters.  The letters are cut using the GoGo Boots Sizzlits die and the Big Shot.

Tie a piece of Real Red ribbon around the front cover and you have a cute notebook!


The matching book mark is a piece of Basic Black card stock cut using the scallop tag on the Two Tags die.  Now you want this to be a folded bookmark so you need to start with a strip of black folded in half.  Then position it on the die so the fold is just below the cut line.  Then when you roll it through the Big Shot it will cut out the tag but leave the fold at the straight end.  I hope that makes sense.

To decorate punch a piece of Real Red card stock with the Scallop Circle punch.  Then punch the Owl – I used Basic Gray for the body, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White for the eyes and a black journaler for the pupils of the eyes and to outline the beak.  His shirt (or whatever that piece might be called) is a piece of designer series paper – I think I used scraps from the Play Date paper.

Now the best part of the bookmark is that it is magnetic!  Stampin’ Up! has magnet sheets now and I just cut some squares out to put on the inside of the book mark so it will hold tight to the page it is marking.

I also used the adhesive sheets on this project.  I punched out the pieces then put them on the adhesive sheet.  You do this by lifting the cover on the adhesive, put down all your pieces, cover them back up and rub over to get all the adhesive to stick.  Now they are kind of like stickers – you lift the cover again and peel up the piece you want and stick it down.  if you have extra adhesive hanging out of your project use the adhesive remover to “erase” it away.

It was fun and I think a very useful project.

If you are looking for Blog Bingo – I had a winner late last night and the post is below this one.  I’ll be starting a new group.  Thanks for stopping by today.