The Patterned Occasions set is another Sale-A-Bration set with a bunch of versatile images. My favorite image is the little elephant but another fun one is the band-aid. And that is what I focused on for this week’s color challenge at Create with Connie & Mary. I needed a get well card and decided to use the band-aid image and combine with the colors for this week’s challenge. And now this week I think I need a get well card for myself I’m trying really hard to fight away a cold or something that is trying to come in and take me over – I don’t need that so just go away. I’m so ready for Spring to be here – enough cold and rain. We don’t get snow we just get cold rain with some occasional ice – snow would be better – at least then everything is pretty.
By the way have you joined the Create with Connie & Mary Spring 2013 Online class? They are show-casing items from the Stampin’ Up! Spring catalog plus Sale-A-Bration! Lots of great ideas and its not too late to join.
Here are the colors this week – Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Basic Grey. Very popular right now is the yellow and gray combination and I think the splash of bright pink really makes these colors pop. Some of the combinations I’m not crazy about but this one I do like.
The card inspiration came from an idea I saw somewhere while poking around on the internet. Here are some details on this card –
- card base is Daffodil Delight – it’s a bit hard to see but the base is embossed using the new Simply Scored Borders Plate – there are two sets of double scallops.
- A Basic Gray layer with a piece of Designer Paper from Sunshine & Sprinkles pack in the Spring Catalog.
- I stamped the Band-Aid image from the Patterned Occasions set three times on Whisper White card stock – once in Daffodil Delight, once in Basic Gray and once in Melon Mambo – and cut out the band-aids and the words from the Gray one (just cut a tiny banner).
- The band-aids are added with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The words are glued flat and then I added a cute little clip from the Elements Cute Clips – the heart and it is tied with a piece of the Melon Mambo Striped Organdy ribbon – those are also in the Stampin’ Up! Spring catalog.
- I thought it turned out really cute and the colors made it bright and cheery.
Visit the Create with Connie & Mary site to see the creations from the rest of the design team and to submit your own creation for this new challenge. Plus don’t forget to check out the 2013 Spring class going on right now!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Patterned Occasions (SAB)
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray
- Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Whisper White
- Accessories: Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series paper, Elements Cute Clips, Melon Mambo 3/8″ Striped Organdy Ribbon (all from the Spring Catalog) , Stampin’ Dimensionals.