About a month ago I joined the Late Night Stampers Yahoo Group and every week they have a card challenge. This past week was challenge #20 which was a color challenge – you had to create a card using these colors – Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Ruby Red. These are colors from the Earth Elements and some that I really like to use so I wanted to make sure I made a card for the challenge. It just took me until 10 o’clock Sunday night until I started – and the entries are due by midnight. I do feel that I am literally a Late Night Stamper – my creative juices flow at night and even while I sleep I really do come up with ideas – no joke. The picture of this card isn’t the best since I took about 11 last night and it was of course dark and no sunshine to help me with lighting. It is really pretty and 3-D in person.
- Kraft card stock
- Ruby Red card stock and classic ink
- Chocolate Chip card stock and classic ink
- Old Olive card stock and classic ink
- Black Stazon ink
- Watercolor paper
- Wagon Full of Fun stamp set
- Stampin’ Sponges
- Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon
- Paper Piercer and Mat pack
- Water Color Wonder Crayons – Earth Elements
- Aqua Painter
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut Kraft card stock to 11″ x 4-1/4″ and score at 5-1/2″. Sponge the front edges with Chocolate Chip ink.
- Cut Ruby Red card stock to 5-1/4″ x 4″. Sponge the edges with Ruby Red ink.
- Cut Chocolate Chip card stock to 2″ x 2″. Sponge the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.
- Cut Old Olive card stock to 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″. Sponge the edges with Old Olive ink.
- Adhere Old Olive piece to Chocolate Chip piece. Adhere Chocolate Chip piece to the Ruby Red piece allowing space for the greeting underneath and the ribbon to the left.
- Use the Paper Piercer and mat pack to pierce a box around the Chocolate Chip square.
- Adhere the Ruby Red piece to the front of the Kraft card.
- Tie the Chocolate Chip Ribbon around the front of the card on the left side and tie in a knot. Trim ends.
- Stamp greeting in Chocolate Chip ink on the bottom of the card front.
- Stamp the flower pot image on Watercolor Paper twice with Black StazOn Ink. Watercolor both images using the Aqua Painter and Water Color Wonder Crayons and Classic Ink. I first used the WWC to add a light layer of each color then went over with the Classic ink to darken areas.
- Cut out both images. On one I cut out the flower head by itself and the front portion of the pot by itself.
- Adhere the full image to the Old Olive square with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add the cut portions on top of the full image using Stampin’ Dimensionals. This gives it a real 3-D look – because the flower stem and back of the pot end up in the back ground. It doesn’t show that well in the photograph but looks real good in person.
I think I’ll make some more cards to match using the other images in the Wagon Full of Fun stamp set.
I hope you like it. Have a happy Memorial Day!