So how was Halloween? I was worried that there were no trick-or-treaters. When the boys were little we all went out around 6 and I thought that was what everyone still did. But no one was out at 6, or at 6:30 – it was 7 before I had my first two little trick-or-treaters. The rest sprinkled in here and there until about 8:30. No where near the number of kids we used to get. I think our end of the neighborhood doesn’t really have any little kids anymore – we have all lived in our homes for ever and our kids are either grown, in college, or well into high school. So I have candy left! Actually I gave out pretzels too and while my boys thought that was a bad idea – let me just say most of the kids were more excited about the pretzels than the candy – really!
So on to this weeks Create with Connie & Mary Thursday challenge! This week we have a cute sketch challenge. When I saw it with the three little elements on the front it made me think of the Merry Mini’s stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday catalog. So that is what I decided to use for my card.
Mine is a 4-1/4″ square card with a layer of Festival of Prints Designer Paper from the little pack in the Holiday catalog. If you want more ideas with the same stamp set be sure to see the cards that Mary created for the new Card “Create”ions class. Details are below.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Merry Minis, Petite Pairs
- Ink: Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake
- Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
- Accessories: Big Shot die-cut machine, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack, Merry Minis Punch Pack, Stampin’ Sponge, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Visit Create with Connie & Mary and submit your creation for this weeks challenge – each week 3 top creations are selected. I hope you will join us this week – every week I find some great ideas and I love to see all the different interpretations of each challenge.
Did you check out Connie & Mary’s new online mini class? It’s called Card “Create”-ions and it just started – already there are some really awesome card ideas! Here are some of the details for you –
* Over 45 EXCLUSIVE cards with 15 stamp sets featured!
* 3 week mini edition
* October 28 thru November 17
* Printable supply lists & measurements
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Elizabeth Price, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier are joining us!