Today’s the day!
The first day of the NEW Spring Stampin’ Up! Catalog! And the beginning of Stampin’ Up!s 25 year silver anniversary!
Now it makes me think I should have made an anniversary card using silver – but we used silver last week – and I did not make an anniversary card. I did however use some brand new products from the Spring Catalog for my card this week. It is a sketch challenge week – I keep trying to decide if I like the sketches better or the colors – I think I prefer sketch challenges. In any case I do like that the Create with Connie & Mary challenges alternate. Here is this weeks sketch –
And I really do like to turn the sketches so I can be different – while it doesn’t always happen – it did this week – and this is the creation that I came up with –
In addition to turning it I decided to switch and have the three panels be the banner flags and the other piece be a rectangle. Which meant I was able to use the new stamp set Hearts a Flutter for my flag along with the matching framelit. Plus I wanted to give a more masculine feel to the Hearts A Flutter stamp set – so I thought this could pass as a masculine Valentine card – what do you think?
Here is a quick look at how I made this.
- card base is Basic Gray
- card layer of Crumb Cake embossed with the Chevron Embossing Folder
- add the strip of First Edition Designer Series Paper
- Stamp three of the banner flags on Crumb Cake card stock using Basic Gray ink and cut them out with the framelit attach with dimensionals to the strip
- Wrap a piece of the Natural 7/16″ Trim Ribbon (I’m going to love this!) around the card layer overlapping the ends. Tie with a piece of Linen Thread.
- Stamp the outline heart and chevron heart on Crumb Cake card stock using Basic Gray ink and cut out with the matching framelit. Also cut a heart from Basic Gray card stock.
- Stamp “4 You” from Tiny Tags set on the outline heart.
- Punch holes with the 1/16″ punch in the three hearts, thread on a Vintage Trinket safety pin and pin to the Linen Thread.
- punch a heart from the Owl punch from Basic Gray card stock and glue on the heart
- Write a sweet note on the inside and give to your sweetheart!
I like how it turned out and I hope you do to. Visit the Create with Connie & Mary site to see the creations from the rest of the design team and to submit your own creation for this new challenge. Have a great week!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Hearts a Flutter, Tiny Tags
- Ink: Basic Gray
- Card Stock: Basic Gray, Crumb Cake
- Accessories: Big Shot die-cut machine, Chevron Embossing Folder, Hearts a Flutter Framelits, 1/16″ handheld punch, Owl Punch, Linen Thread, Natural 7/16″ Trim Ribbon, Vintage Trinkets, First Edition Designer Series Paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals