Easter is sneaking up really fast! I made invitations last week and mailed them all out to our family to invite them over for lunch on Easter Sunday. It is always a fun day to get the extended family all together in one place. So with Easter on my mind I decided to make something with that theme using this weeks challenge.
This week at Create with Connie & Mary we were issued a sketch challenge!
I wanted to create a little box for my class this Friday so I thought I would use the sketch as the basis for the box design. And here is the end result –
As you can see it pretty much follows the sketch. I decided to use the scallops on the outside and layered squares on the inside – that’s kind of the opposite of what’s on the sketch – so maybe you can say I turned it inside out. And instead of a button I have an egg and a collection of little bunnies on the side.
Here are the details on this box –
- The front and back of the box are the Scallop Square Bigz Die – and on the front I pierced a hole in each scallop.
- Between the two scallop squares I made myself a box – same idea as last weeks project (and I guess I’m still stuck on last weeks color challenge too – I used basically those same colors again). This box is just bigger.
- A layer of Summer Starfruit card stock and a piece of the designer paper from Birds of a Feather.
- The bunnies are from Ears to You – one of the single stamps – I stamped them in Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple and cut them out. I added a tiny pearl eye to each one and then one got a dahlia tail!
- Behind the bunnies I punched an oval from Primrose Petals card stock and used the piercing template to pierce around it.
- I tied Whisper White Baker’s Twine around the front layer.
- There is a little Happy Easter tag.
- And a Summer Starfruit ribbon handle.
- Fill with your favorite treat and give to someone special!
Visit the Create with Connie & Mary site to see the creations from the rest of the design team and to submit your own creation for this new challenge. I hope you will play along. Every week the top 3 are announced from each challenge – maybe this week it will be you!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Ears to You, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple
- Card Stock: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Whisper white
- Accessories: Basic Pearls, Big Shot Die Cut machine, Scallop Square die, Summer Starfruit ribbon, Dahlia’s, Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Itty Bitty Banner Framelits, Wide Oval Punch, Piercing Template, Piercer and Mat, Birds of a Feather Designer Series Paper.