I have another New Year’s idea for you today – this one is a card – an idea that was from the Chattanooga regional – I believe it was Carrie Cudney’s presentation. I thought it was a fun twist on a card.
I’m not sure that you can really “see” it in a photo – but the front of the card is covered with a cello bag and the small silver glimmer paper and silver card stock circles are loose inside the bag like confetti. You can move them and shake them around! Isn’t that fun! Here are some quick pointers for this card –
- The base of the card is Basic Gray – cut 4″ x 11″ and scored in half
- The front Whisper White layer has Celebrate (from Seasonal Sayings which will still be available through the spring catalog) stamped in Basic Gray. Next use a Sponge Dauber and Platinum Shimmer paint and add some dots – let those dry.
- Punch a bunch of Silver Glimmer and Silver card stock circles using the Bitty Punch Pack circle.
- Cut a little Silver card stock banner and attach it to the white layer. Attach the whole white later to the front of the card base. If you want glue a few Silver Glimmer and Silver card stock circles to the front.
- Trim a cello bag so that it is 5-1/2″ tall (I used the 4×6 size). Slip that over the front of the card and use snail on the inside of the card to attach the top.
- Drop the loose punched circles inside the front of the card and add some snail to the top of the card to glue the bag to it.
- Across the top outside attach a piece of Silver Glimmer paper – you need to use glue dots or sticky strip for the glimmer paper the snail doesn’t hold it well. This covers up the adhesive that you used to hold the cello bag to the front of the card.
- Thread White baker’s twine through a Vintage Faceted Button and add that to the front on the silver banner.
Ok I think that gets it and hope it all makes sense.
We are stretching Christmas out – Christmas Eve and Christmas morning we were here at home and Greg’s mom joined us. Christmas Day we went to my parents and my brother and his family along with his wife’s family joined us – and Greg’s mom too. It was a big group! Last night we went to Greg’s moms house and his sister and brother and their families all came – we had a fun evening. And tomorrow night we are all gathering here with all of Greg’s family from his dad’s side. It sounds like we will have about 30 people here! I think our New Years Eve is going to be a quiet one with just us here at home as we are going to be celebrated out by the time it gets here…
Have a great week end! Remember to place your final orders from the Holiday Catalog – I am putting in one final order so email me or you can do it online. The last day of the catalog is January 2nd! And a new Spring catalog will start on the 3rd.
bye for now….