Hi everyone! I wanted to share another project with you today using the Build-a-Bear product line. And I wanted to let you know that my contest entry that I sent to Stampin’ Up! last month was a winner! I got the email yesterday. I took the little sleeping bag idea and turned it into a 3-d project by creating a kids Color-Match Game. I’m not sure if I can show the project so I’ll wait on that for now. It will be published in the December issue of Stampin’ Success Magazine – which is our demonstrator monthly magazine. I’m having a phone interview next week – I’m excited and nervous too. Anyway onto the project I’m sharing today.
Last weekend I participated in a Holiday Bazaar and this was one of the items that I created to sell – it was one of the more popular items. The idea came from one they showed us on stage at convention. But the idea was just a little coloring kit and it was in a canvas bag. I couldn’t find little canvas bags so I decided to use what I had here at home – card stock. And when I went to the store to buy the little 8 packs of crayons – I discovered a 24 pack was only 25cents and the 8 pack was 3 time mores – so I bought the bigger boxes for less money.
The box of crayons fits nicely in the Fancy Favor box Big Shot die so I cut those out of Old Olive card stock. Assembled them and added a strip of card stock as a handle. I attached the handle with brads.
My concept was a tag kit for kids. I stamped the bears – Beary Best Friends- with various accessories – hat, balloon, flower, etc. on pieces of Whisper White card stock – I cut 2 sheet into 8 pieces each – so there were 16 tags for each box. I added a greeting on each one using the matching set in the mini catalog – Beary Nice Wishes. Punched a hole with the Crop-a-Dile and put them on a ring. I tied a piece of ribbon on the ring. The idea is that they can pick one that they need off of the ring – color it and then tie it onto a gift – they can add the to/from on the back and they’ll be set.
The front panel is stamped on the natural white card stock and water colored with the aquapainter and classic inks. I layered each on a coordinating piece of card stock and put on the front of the box with dimensionals.
I tied another piece of ribbon on each handle. I thought they really turned out cute. I plan to send one to my niece and nephew. Too bad my kids have already outgrown the Build-a-Bears. But I sure am having fun with them.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Have a Beary nice day!