I had a fun Hand’s On stamping class this month showing alternate ideas with the past Paper Pumpkin kits. The stamps are lots of fun and only part of the Paper Pumpkin kits you won’t find them in the regular catalog. So we went “out of the box” and made some new projects with all the fun stamps. I’ll be sharing the ideas I came up with over the next few days. Here is the first one –
Can you guess which past Paper Pumpkin kit I’m using here?
It’s a recent one – the In the Bag kit from February 2014. There were two great circle stamp images in the kit and I used the polka dot image on this card. I stamped on Whisper White card stock in the five different colors (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, and Pacific Point) and then punched each one out with the 1″ circle punch. The left over pieces were rather fun looking and I have something planned for those too!
Here are some more details on this card:
- On a Whisper White card stock layer I put it on my Simply Scored board and scored two lines.
- Then glued on my punched circles above the lines. I started by placing the two outside circles, then centered the one in the middle and then filled in with the other two – this was so they would be spread out evenly.
- Stamp a greeting in Jet Black StazOn ink – I used “thanks” from the Another Thank You photopolymer stamp set.
- Place the layer back on the Simply Scored board to score two more lines where the greeting is stamped – but don’t score through the greeting. What I did was score with the greeting facing up – this indents the paper – then turned it over and score exactly on those same lines – so it would be raised on the front.
- Layer the white on a Daffodil Delight Card Stock base.
- Add a bow tied in the Basic Black Taffeta ribbon with a glue dot.
I hope you like this alternate idea for the In the Bag stamp set from the February 2014 Paper Pumpkin Kit. If you would like to join and be a member – just CLICK HERE – join before March 31, 2014 and you will get a free set of In-color Stampin’ Write markers.
Have a great day!