Well sadly I was not chosen as one of the Stampin’ Up! Design Team Artisan Finalists this year.  I really thought I had a chance but I guess I’m not what they are looking for.  The list of finalists is posted on the Stampin’ Up! FB page – congratulations to all of those that qualified as finalists!  The good news is that I can now share my projects on my blog – no need to wait until after convention in July!

And another bit of good news is my push to earn my first Incentive Trip – it’s going to happen – I can feel it!  One final push this week – I’m only about $700 away!! How exciting is that?  Just a hand full of people need to place a $55 order and I’ll be there.  Read more here about the 55 orders and watch the thermometer rise on the side of my blog.  I’m almost there!!!

So now on to the project – that’s probably what you want to see anyway.  This first project is one of my three scrapbook pages that I entered.  I created a 12×12 scrapbook page using My Digital Studio – I sent it to Stampin’ Up! to print through the professional print service on heavy-weight card stock.  I printed more than one copy and then cut the extra one in order to make a hybrid version – I added a few real elements to it so it had some dimension.  So that gave me two versions – the original digital version, the hybrid version and then I created a second digital version.  I didn’t have time to get the second one reprinted otherwise I probably would have submitted that one to the contest.  Unfortunately we live so far away from Utah that the print service can take a while to get back to me.  So here you go – let’s see what they look like –

Digital Version 1

This first one is my original Digital Version – this is Magnolia one of my two Jack Russell Terriers.  I used overlays, sititching, digital tape, punches, the downtown grunge frames, buttons and seam binding.

Hybrid Version contest entry

This is not the best picture but this is the Hybrid version that I entered into the contest.  Its even hard to see the hybrid elements in this photo.  So I’ll tell you what they are.  First I printed a second copy of the entire page and cut out the framed photo of Magnolia – I popped it up on Dimensionals and layered right on top of the same frame on the first copy.   On one of the scallop circles I added a real paper flower, and a crumb cake button tied with Early Espresso Baker’s Twine.  To the left of the photo I added two Baja Breeze buttons.  And on the lower corner of the photo I added a real piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding.

Digital Version 2

Here is the second Digital Version of the page – there are a few changes.  The journling is a poem that my niece wrote about Magnolia.  I changed the Very Vanilla Seam Binding to Crumb Cake.  The Baja Breeze buttons were replaced with the Antique Brads.  And the button inside the paper flower was changed to Baja Breeze.   I like this second version better and wish I had the time to print and submit it for the contest.  That’s probably why I wasn’t selected – they would have liked the 2nd version better too!

There are some brand new digital downloads from Stampin’ Up! today.  You can see all the available Digital Downloads on my website.

Have a great day and if you need to order any Stampin’ Up! products please let me know – every order counts towards my goal even the digital downloads you order through my website!