I’m going to finish posting my Artisan Award projects.  If you missed my earlier posts – this is an annual contest that Stampin’ Up! holds for its demonstrators.  It is the biggy!  Anyway this was the first year that I entered the contest – and while I had high hopes of winning – I was not chosen as one of the winners – they picked 10.  To enter we had to create 5 cards, 3 scrapbook pages and 2 3D projects.  I have been showing my projects over the past couple of weeks.  If you want to go back and see what I already posted CLICK HERE.

Today I’m sharing my 5th card.  This one is fun and really much easier to make than it looks.  I have seen lots of versions of this card – called a Tri-Shutter card – all over the internet.  I created this one earlier this year and shared it with my Stamper’s Club.  I really loved it so I decided to use it as one of my entries since I hadn’t shared it online with anyone else yet.  I made one minor change to my original before mailing it in.

The card is cut and scored so it has multiple panels that fold together to create a really cool card with lots of places to embellish and add little things here and there.

I used the Simply Said stamp set for this one.  This is a two-step stampin’ set that has been around for several years and I think many people have forgotten it.  The Designer Paper is the Tall Tales paper.  My colors are Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron and Whisper White. 

I used the Beautiful Wings Embosslit to die cut a variety of butterflies with my Big Shot.  I also used the Big Shot to cut the large Scallop circle and for adding texture using Embossing folders on some of the panels.

The large butterfly on the front was cut twice – once in So Saffron and once in Chocolate Chip.  The Chocolate Chip butterfly was cut in half and layered on the back of the So Saffron butterfly.  The body and antenna are made from Linen Thread.  The circle scissors was used to cut the inner circle.  I used the distressing tool, sponging and the white gel pen as accents on the card.

The one thing I changed from my original card to the one I sent in to Stampin’ Up! was the addition of the center of the flower on the inner panel.  I added some Tombow glue and added a swirl of linen thread to make the center of the flower.  I really like how it turned out.

This is probably my favorite card out of the ones that I entered and of course the colors are some of my very favorite. I’m so glad they aren’t retiring!

I have two more projects to post – my last scrapbook and 3D projects – so I hope you will come back.

Thanks for stopping by!