So I’m a little behind. March just kind of blew up with all this virus mess. Which means I’m only on card 3 of my 12 Cards of Christmas. But I’ll catch up at some point. I’m continuing with my plan to get ahead on Christmas cards for December. If you want to read more or see card 1 – go here. And if you want to see card 2 – go here. This is card 3 and I used the brand new Ornate Garden Suite! Yep I turned that flower filled suite into a Christmas card and I hope you like it.
For this Christmas Card I wanted to try using the Ornate Garden Suite and the designer series paper with the gold foil in it. In order to make it a Christmas Card I paired it up with the Merry Christmas to All stamp set. Everything I used on this card is current – but the Christmas stamp set I used is on the Last Chance list so grab it before it’s gone. And the Ornate Garden Suite is an early release from the new catalog so you can order that now too.
How I made it
The card base is Thick Whisper White with an Old Olive Layer that was embossed with the new Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder. The next layer is a piece of Gold Foil that I cut with the new Ornate Layers Dies. I cut a piece of the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series paper to fit just inside the ornate frame piece.
The words are stamped on a piece of Whisper White that was die cut with the So Sweetly Stitched Dies. I stamped 3 flowers from the Ornate Style stamp set. And colored those with Stampin’ Blends in Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler – then fussy cut them with my Paper Snips. I also cut some Gold Foil paper with one of the border dies in the Ornate Border Die set and used the delicate negative leaves to tuck under my flowers. The flower centers are the Gilded Gems from the new suite. You can order all the products that I used for this card in my online store – the supply list is below.
- #152572 Ornate Style stamp set (part of Ornate Style bundle and Ornate Garden Suite)
- #147702 Merry Christmas to All stamp set (Last Chance list)
- #152726 Ornate Layers dies (part of Ornate Style bundle and Ornate Garden Suite)
- #152724 Ornate Border dies (part of Ornate Garden Suite)
- #152488 Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper (part of Ornate Garden Suite)
- #151690 Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- #152725 Ornate Flower 3D Embossing Folder (part of Ornate Garden Suite)
- #140272 Thick Whisper White card stock
- #100730 Whisper White card stock
- #100702 Old Olive card stock
- #132622 Gold Foil Sheets
- #107301 Medium Whisper White envelopes
- #147114 Early Espresso classic ink
- #144597 Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Combo pack
- #144598 Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends Combo pack
- #152478 Gilded Gems (part of Ornate Garden Suite)
- #104332 Snail Adhesive
- #103579 Paper Snips
- #104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals
- #144108 Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you like Card 3 of the 12 Cards of Christmas Challenge. It is possible to use spring/floral products and create holiday cards! I’m going to try to catch up in May and get two sets of cards done. We shall see.
Be sure to register for upcoming classes – just click on Registration under the Events tab.