I thought I would share another berry basket that I made recently. I made these as roommate gifts for the Leadership Conference at the end of January. Since we were in Orlando Florida I decided to give each of my roommates a “basket of sunshine”.
I made the berry basket with Daffodil Delight card stock. To decorate the side I cut the “hello” framelit out of Pool Party card stock and then added a Modern Label punch that I stamped with Sunshine. Plus a Daffodil Delight button and Whisper White Baker’s Twine.
I filled the basket with a Gussested Cello bag that had lots of yellow things inside. Including Lemon Heads – I thought I had a picture of those but I don’t – I should still have mine and will take a picture of those with the little tags. I made a bunch of those and gave them to my friends as I saw them throughout the conference.
Thanks for stopping by – hope you have sunshine where you are – today we have had on and off snow flurries and it is cold here (at least for us it is cold). The cold and the ice are causing lots of trouble around here. Yesterday my parents and my brother were unable to leave the street where they live because a tree came down on top of power lines blocking the road. At least they still had power – many other people didn’t.
I’ve decided to play along with the MDS Monday Challenge – today is the last day to add a project to the challenge from the 13th. MDSM49 – We’re scrapping – click here for the challenge details. It was a sketch and I do enjoy working with sketches. I ended up playing along because when we got to the hotel yesterday there was no internet service in the room – they were doing maintenance they said until early evening – when we went to bed around 10:30 there was still no internet – I didn’t actually check it this morning. Now we are at the airport waiting to fly back home – and there is free internet here. So instead of working on a blog post and doing other things I played in My Digital Studio. And a sketch is always a good place to start.
I decided to use some pictures from my Leadership trip earlier this month. It was a great trip and so much more fun when I was able to spend it with my two friends Diane and Linda. Traveling together, rooming together, learning together and enjoying the manager’s reception together – I’m so glad I had both of the these ladies with me. I knew I had some photos of the three of us together – a whole bunch from our last night in the hotel – when we used the tripod and the timer setting on my phone – but they may not have appreciated me sharing most of those – so I picked one good one and combined it with others of us from throughout the Leadership event.
As you can see I turned the sketch on its side – I need to be a little different right? This one was actually pretty easy because there is a photo template page that has 5 photos lined up like the sketch – so I inserted that to begin with. then I grouped the photo boxes and rotated them on the page to get my position. I created a new photo box with a 7″ width and a 2″ height and placed it on top of the one that I rotated – copied and added 4 more and then deleted the rotated ones – if I had used those my pictures would have been rotated the wrong way.
I added a background and some overlays, added the round tab punch to the ends of the photos, some staples, and text for the titles. Added a title stamp in the corner.
Signing off at the airport – we should be boarding soon and then flying across the country back to Georgia.
I’m back home from Leadership!
Here’s is a look at all the goodies I got from Stampin’ Up! while I was there –
Lots of fun stuff. It was one of the best Stampin’ Up! Events yet. The Manager’s Reception was my favorite so far. I’ve been to 3 and this one was the best. The Houston Aquarium was wonderful. I have lots of pictures to organize and share so I’ll be back with those later this week.
In the photo above this is what is in there –
- The Shark T-shirt from the Manager’s Reception! plus the Hello, Sailor stamp set
- Our Smoky Slate Leadership bag
- The little Tote Bag held our Make & Take supplies and stamp sets – Vivid Vases and Geometrical – plus we got the Happenings Simply Created Card Kit and an aquapainter
- The Language of Love stamp set – an all attendee giveaway at the end of Leadership
- Salt Water Taffy from the city of Salt Lake – they want us to come to convention this summer
- The little shark stamp you see – was my first attempt at carving using the Undefined Carving Kit – I decided to create the shark from the Manager’s reception theme – I need bit of practice on the detail – my shark has some scary looking teeth!
- We received a new stamp from the upcoming annual catalog (I can’t show that to you yet – but it is in the pile).
- Plus a special set for demonstrators that we can uses in our business – it is a photopolymer set.
Manager’s Reception gifts
Happenings Simply Created Card Kit
I have more pictures to organize and share about the trip. And I’m hoping to get back to a regular posting schedule. I know I’ve been bad. I did meet a lot of new people this week and many of you said you follow my blog – that is always fun to hear and I thank you for visiting! Please feel free to leave me some comments and say hello.
I’ve been busy at the Stampin’ Up! Leadership conference. #LEADERship2014 I have been posting on my Facebook page since I can do that from my phone easily. So if you want to see more go look there – StampingatMonikas
Here are a few pictures for you and I’ll have more to share later – probably once I get back home.
Leadership Logo Screen
Diane, Linda, Monika at the opening session
On Stage during my presentation and I did it without looking at my notes.
after my classes were done!
We stopped and talked to Shelli at the Aquarium entrance
The diver at the Aquarium
Feeding the stingrays
That is just little taste. I’m having a great time. Thanks for supporting my business so I can participate in these wonderful events.
This quick little box is made from one piece of card stock and doesn’t need any adhesive – just a belly band to hold it shut. Fill it with some cute little matching Love Notes and you have a perfect little gift for someone sweet!
These are both based on ideas that I saw at the Stampin’ Up! Leadership conference. The box was an on stage demonstration and I think the little cards were too – but I’m not sure they were shown together – since my photos have them in different colors – I did combine the ideas for this project that I used in my team meeting this past weekend. We had lots of fun sharing both creative and business ideas and things that we learned at Leadership. Right now is a great time to join my team – during Sale-A-Bration you can choose $156.50 worth of products for your starter kit for only $99! And the kit is fully customizable so you can choose any items you want from the current catalogs! If you would like to learn more about this opportunity let me know – email me at email@example.com or check out more details on my website.
So back to this cute project – you start with a 7-1/2″ square and then use the Simply Scored Tool with the Diagonal Score Plate (you can get that FREE during Sale-A-Bration) – and score all four sides diagonally at 2-1/4″ and 3-1/2″.
Then you will do some cutting away of the little sections on each side.
Then you just fold it up to form the box. I cut a strip of Rich Razzleberry Designer Paper to go around it for a belly band – it just slides on and off. That is what holds the box shut.
Decorating the box was pretty quick –
- I stamped on the box with a couple of images from the Oh Hello stamp set
- Wrapped the strip of Designer Paper around it and glued the ends together.
- Then wrap the Linen Thread around it and tie in a bow.
- Slide the belly band off and add the Designer Builder Brad, then slide it back on.
- To make the Builder Brad – stamp an image from the Itty Bitties stamp set on card stock and punch out with the circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack. Use a mini glue dot to attach to the Builder Brad. Then cover with the epoxy bubble that comes with the brad.
The box holds some Love Notes – which are little 3×3″ cards. I made mine out of Whisper White card stock and included matching white envelopes – they are the mini square ones in the Stampin’ Up! catalog. We made two designs at our meeting.
- The little Love Notes are made from Whisper White card stock
- Emboss the front edge with the Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder.
- Then stamp the words in Old Olive and the images in Rich Razzleberry
- Finish the Love Note by tying a piece of Linen Thread around.
- Stamp the envelopes to match.
A fun little project – I hope you like it. The stamp set is the Oh Hello stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! Spring Catalog. If you would like to order any of the products that I used to make this project please visit my online store on my website. Here is a full list of supplies for you.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Oh, Hello, Itty Bitties
- Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
- Card Stock: Old Olive, Whisper White
- Accessories: Simply Scored, Diagonal Scoring Plate, Linen Thread, Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Designer Builder Brads, Mini Glue Dots, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Polka Dot Parade Designer Paper, Mini square envelopes
Have a great day!