I was so excited this morning to see one of my cards on Stamper’s Showcase!
Stamper’s Showcase is a great resource for Stampin’ Up! demonstrators on the demonstrator website from Stampin’ Up! Every day Stampin’ Up! posts ideas from demonstrators like me. These are contest entries or swaps from Stampin’ Up! events.
I always hope that one day one of my cards will show up on there and finally I made it!
This was one of my swap cards that I made for the Leadership Conference in Orlando. The colors made me think of Florida. The idea came from a card I saw in a magazine and I adapted it to use all Stampin’ Up! products.
Here are the details:
- Petal Pizzazz Stamp Set
- Jumbo Outline Alphabet Stamp Set
- Kraft card stock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Tangerine Tango card stock: 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Kiwi Kiss card stock: 4″ x 1/4″
- Whisper White card stock: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Tangerine Tango Designer Series paper Patterns: 4″ x 1/2″
- Versa Marker
- Tangerine Tango classic ink
- Kiwi Kiss classic ink
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 3/16″ corner rounder punch
- Fold Kraft card stock in half to form card base. Corner round all four corners.
- Adhere Kiwi Kiss strip to Tangerine Tango card stock.
- Adhere Tangerine Tango Designer paper strip to Tangerine Tango card stock.
- Corner round all four corners of the Tangerine Tango card stock.
- Adhere to the front of the Kraft card.
- Stamp flower from Petal Pizzaz stamp set in Tangerine Tango ink on Whisper White card stock. Stamp four leaves and stem from Petal Pizzaz stamp set in Kiwi Kiss ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out all pieces with Paper snips. I prefer to leave a little bit of white showing around my image.
- Adhere stem to the front of the Tangerine Tango card stock. Stamp ‘HI’ with the Jumbo Outline Alphabet set. Color in the letters with a VersaMarker.
- Adhere the flower to the end of the stem with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Adhere leaves tucked under the flower. I put two flat with Snail and two raised on dimensionals.
This is a happy card so have a happy day!
Bird update for today – the bluebird nest – three eggs this morning. The chickadee nest – I can just barely see one egg tucked down in a corner – there could be more in there. The robin is spending alot more time sitting on her nest so she may be done laying her eggs. The Towhee seems to be on her nest most of the day incubating her eggs. Since I’m not sure how long it had been since she layed the third egg I’ll have to guess at how many days it will be until they hatch. Incubation is between 12-13 days. I found the nest on the 30th – so counting days by the end of next week they should start hatching. I’ll let you know next week when it happens.
UPDATE: I just peeked in on the Towhee and she flew out of the nest so I checked on the eggs – guess what there is a fourth egg in there! It is smaller than the other 3 – a runt egg – so it may not hatch. So she wasn’t actually done laying her eggs until later – maybe yesterday because I thought I checked two days in a row and both times there were 3 eggs. It might be after Easter before they hatch…
Thanks for visiting today!