The new Stampin’ Up! Flower Trim is beautiful! If you haven’t seen it in real life you are missing out. And while the trim itself comes in Very Vanilla – you can change the color! On this card I changed my to Summer Starfruit – and I’ll share with you how I did that. Here are the two versions of this card –
These cards are very pretty in real life and I just love the little flowers. I cut off a couple of flowers for each card. Do you want to know how I changed the color from Very Vanilla to Summer Starfruit? It’s easy – here is what I did –
- I cut off the number of flowers that I wanted from the trim and placed them on a paper towel
- I used one of the new Stampin’ Spritzer bottles – fill it with some rubbing alcohol about 1/2 full or a bit more.
- Use the Summer Starfruit ink refill and add to the Spritzer bottles – the more drops the darker it will be – so you’ll have to decided what is right for you. I probably added 10 drops. Then shake it up.
- Spritz the flowers with the mixture in your spritzer bottle and let the flower dry – it shouldn’t take very long.
Here are the tips on making this card –
- The card base is Summer starfruit.
- The layer of Whisper White card stock is embossed on the bottom edge with the Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder (Spring catalog).
- Add a 1/2 piece of one of the Tea Lace Paper Doilies (Spring catalog) to the white card stock.
- Stamp sentiment on the white card stock.
- Add the leaves/stems to the doily layer. Use the piercing tool and pierce a hole on either sides of the stems to pull the Linen Thread through and tie in a bow.
- Attach the Whisper White panel to the card base.
- Add the flowers to the stems – I used glue dots.
Here is another version of the card –
If you look at the two version of the cards there are just a couple of minor differences –
- The stamp set that I used – So Sorry on one and Vintage Versus from the Sale-A-Bration brochure on the other
- The stems/leaves that I used – the Bird Builder punch on one and the Little Leaves Sizzlits die on the other.
I hope you like this card. I do and will probably make a few more as I need some more sympathy cards and I think this one turned out very peaceful looking. Thanks for stopping by today. All the products that I used are available in my online store on my website – just click the SHOP NOW button – www.monika.stampinup.net