One of my favorite things to use for pillow gifts in the Stampin’ Up! catalog are our packaging options. You can find them on pages 192-193 in the Annual Catalog. A new option in this catalog is the Kraft Pillow Boxes. Initially I thought they were just plain Kraft boxes, but upon receiving them in my order they are printed with Polka Dots. While coming up with my ideas for the Getaway weekend – I often like to give some type of adhesive and this time the Multi-purpose Liquid glue was the perfect gift for my Call Me Clover color AND the glue fits inside the pillow box! The perfect solution.
To decorate the box I stuck with Call Me Clover embellishments. First a strip of the Animal Expedition Designer Series paper. Then some of the Call Me Clover ribbon. Stamp the little tag with a greeting in Call Me Clover ink and add few leaves that are Copper Embossed on Call Me Clover card stock and die cut with the coordinating dies. The tag is tied on with Copper Metallic Thread. Now everyone has a bottle of glue to use on their creative projects throughout the weekend.
- Kraft Pillow Box
- Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper
- Call Me Clover 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon
- Copper Metallic Thread
- Copper Embossing Powder
- Whisper White card stock
- Call Me Clover card stock
- Call Me Clover ink
- VersaMark ink
- Heat Tool
- Rooted in Nature Stamp set
- Nature’s Roots Framelits dies
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- 1″ Circle punch
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (it’s the gift inside the pillow box)
Here’s a little closer look.
So far the In Color themed pillow gifts have covered Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove and Call Me Clover. Two more to go so be sure to come back.
Be sure to register for upcoming classes – just click on Registration under the Events tab.
Order online here – use hostess code 9ZDHFJFS for August 2018.
I decided for 2018 to challenge myself to mail at least one card every Monday. And to post it on social media with the hashtag #mailacardmonday – I figured if I told the world I was doing it and everyone was looking for me to do it I was way more likely to actually do it. We are now 8 Monday’s into the year and I have been sending out at least 7-8 cards every Monday! It’s working. So how many days does it take to form a habit – is it 21 or 66 so something else? I don’t know for sure but right now for me I seem to be doing good and plan to keep it up. Who is joining me?
Have you seen my mailbox? I’ve been posting my mailbox with either my cards in it or me putting them in. It’s funny how many people like my mailbox.
We don’t actually get a choice for out mailbox in my neighborhood. Everyone has the same one. They do look pretty good but it doesn’t take much to break one. A neighbor ran right over mine a couple of years ago. And every neighbor dog makes a pit stop there.
Anyway I thought I would share with you one of the cards going out in my mail today. This week’s mail is really going out on Tuesday because it was a holiday on Monday. We’ve had a lot of Monday Holidays already this year.
I have some thank you cards going out for some online orders that I’ve received in February. I’ll have more going out next week too. This is a fun card idea that I got from another demonstrator (my friend Renee Kohnke) when I went to Michigan at the beginning of the month. This way you can show both sides of the Designer Series paper. I modified it a little bit so I could use a 3″ wide piece of paper on my cards. You are basically cutting away 2-3/4″ from the front of the card and then attaching the designer paper to the short flap in it’s place. I just realized I should have taken a photo of the inside of the card so you could see it.
Here are the supplies and measurements for you:
- Very Vanilla Thick card stock – 5-1/2″ x 5-3/4″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Painted with Love Specialty Designer Series Paper – 5-1/2″ x 3″
- Vellum card stock – 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Color Me Happy Stamp set
- VersaMark Ink
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
- Tear & Tape
- 3/8″ Metallic-edge Ribbon Gold
- Glue Dots
- Very Vanilla Envelope
- Pink Pirouette Light Blender Pen ( for coloring the flower on the envelope)
To make the card add Tear & Tape to the inside edge of the short front on the card base. Lay your card down as though you were going to close it and align the Designer Paper with the back of the card, then fold over that front flap so the paper attaches to it. For any adhesive that is hanging over on the inside – place your ribbon right on top of it – then tie in a knot on the front. Next I slid the vellum piece in place (emboss your words on it first) and then used glue dots to attach it so the glue dots are hidden under the ribbon.
When you open the card you see the other side of the Designer paper on the inside. I have made 3 or 4 different cards with this fun idea already.
Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
November is here – can you believe it? Where did September and October go – I swear they just started! Now it’s time to plan for Thanksgiving and Christmas if you haven’t already started. We will be having our family here for Thanksgiving this year – all three of my boys will be home again and I’m so excited. This week I’m still finishing up things for OnStage this weekend and next week I can focus on Thanksgiving preparations. I do have a Thanksgiving card for you today. I wasn’t sure I liked the Paisley paper but I did order it and I do love it on this card.
I used the copper embossing powder on the greeting from the Suite Seasons stamp set. Did you know that the Suite Seasons set includes sentiments that coordinate with suites throughout the Holiday catalog. This one goes with the Petals & Paisleys Suite. The Specialty Paper has cooper foil in two of the designs. And I also added some linen thread with a little copper pinecone tied to it. I love those little pinecones!
Also today we have a new early release of the Stitched Shapes Framelits plus a sale on select stamp sets through the month of November. Click here to see the full PDF.
Here is a video about the new Framelits:
Thanks for stopping by today!
I’m back with more of my Display Samples from the OnStage Live event in Salt Lake City last month. Today I’m going to share my creations that feature the Watermelon Wonder In-Color along with some new products coming in the 2016-2017 Stampin’ Up! Catalog.
For my customers – those that aren’t local the new catalog should be coming to you in the mail. For those in my Stamper’s Club I’ll have them with your club orders. And the rest of my local gals I’m planning a Catalog Kickoff/pickup party (and a BOGO sale) for the first weekend in June. More to come on that later.
On to the samples:
This is a soft flowery card. I clear embossed the little roses onto the white card stock. Then stamped the leaves in the Cucumber Crush ink and covered it quickly with clear embossing powder and heat set. I used the Watermelon Wonder ink and an aqua painter to paint around all the little roses. Then went around all the flowers and leaves with Soft Sky. Here is a list of some of what I used:
- Swirly Bird stamp set – coming in the new catalog
- Birthday Blooms stamp set – in the Occasions catalog and it will be in the new catalog
- Tree Builder punch – that is the vellum piece where the words are
- Silver Thread and Silver embossing powder
In my samples today you will see the versatility of the Swirly Bird stamp set. Here is another card using the same set, with a totally different look.
This idea just popped into my head one day – the image reminded me of those big swirly lollipops that you see at the candy store. I stamped with Watermelon Wonder ink on a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock and covered it quickly with clear embossing powder and heat set it. I wanted it to look a little shiny like a lollipop. The bubbles underneath are also from the Swirly Bird stamp set. The die cut pieces are from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits. Here is a short list of what I used:
- Swirly Bird stamp set – coming in the new catalog
- Affectionately Yours Designer Washi Tape – coming in the new catalog (that’s the red striped piece on the right side
- Mini Treat Bag Thinlits
- Banner Triple Punch
And here is one more card with the Swirly Bird set:
It’s another kite – remember the one I made in Cucumber Crush. Here are some of the things I used:
- Swirly Bird stamp set – coming in the new catalog
- Hearth & Home Thinlits – for the window
- Brick Wall embossing folder – for the wall background
- Tree Builder punch – for the clouds
- Greetings Thinlits – these are retiring and unfortunately sold out
And my last Watermelon Wonder project is another panel for the 3D seasonal calendar.
This is the spring panel.
- Sheltering Tree stamp set
- Old Olive Baker’s Twine
- use the new set Project Life Date It for “SPRING” if you don’t have the Project Life Day to Day set that I used here.
Those are my 4 projects featuring Watermelon Wonder.
Thanks for stopping by.
Yay! Stampin’ Up! has their own Texture Boutique Embossing Machine!
Remember last year we had it for a brief period of time – I think it sold out in 2 or 3 days! It was popular and I love mine. I use it almost exclusively for embossing in my craft room and use it often it my classes too. For me sometimes the Big Shot gives a little too much pressure and I have to adjust my tabs and shims but the Boutique seems to be just right every time.
So I created this little card based on the video that SU released on the machine. I’ll attach the video for you too. In the video Brian uses this idea on a little treat bag and I just adapted it to a card.
For my card I used the following things:
- Baked Brown Sugar card base
- Whisper White layer
- Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar strips for embossing
- Arrows Textured Embossing Folder
- Texture Boutique Embossing Machine
- Perfect Pennants stamp set and Banner Framelits Dies (available as a bundle)
- Tangerine Tango ink
- Retro Fresh Washi Tape
- Whisper White Baker’s Twine
Here is the video:
The Texture Boutique is available in my online store – SHOP HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy the weekend. I have lots of stamping going on. Stamper’s Club Friday night and Saturday morning. And then a team meeting on Saturday night. I can’t wait to spend time with everyone.
Tuesday came and went but there is lots to share with you. Here we go –
Here is what we have going on this week. – SHOP HERE.
- Sale-A-Bration has started!!! 1/28 – 3/31 – It’s our biggest event of the year! For every $50 you spend you get a FREE Sale-A-Bration gift! The brochure this years features Bundles of $50+ products with a suggested free gift item – these are just easy ideas of a bundle of products that you may want – but you aren’t limited to these bundles – you can order anything you want to earn your free gifts – look at the annual catalog, the occasions catalog and online.
– You can also host a party and earn extra hostess benefits with a qualifying party!
– Or plan to join my team – for $99 you choose $150 of products plus get a 20% discount on the rest of your purchases.
- The Texture Boutique Embossing Machine is back! We sold if for a brief time last year and it was such a hit that it will be added to the annual catalog. Until then Stampin’ Up! has a limited supply to sell now.
- Hip Hip Hooray Card Making kit – Make 20 beautiful cards with this kit for $19.95.
- New Weekly Deals 1/28 – 2/3 – the weekly deals continue
- New My Digital Studio Downloads –
I hope you found something fun in the things I listed above!
Wednesday’s Card Maker’s class was rescheduled to Saturday, Feb. 1st at 10:00 am.
Order online at my store any time – START HERE.